Seats - Uncomfortable

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
ironhead1428
Car: 2013 M37

I just picked up my 2013 M 37 only to find the seats uncomfortable for long trips (which I do often) I owned a 2011 g 37 and a 2011EX35 and loved both seats. Will an older seat fit in my 2013? What are my options here? I love the car except t=for the comfort of the seat.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, other than something like a pad, etc. you don't have any options here. You can't swap in seats from a 2008, for example. And the seats from 2011+ are the same. Not sure what to tell you here. I think they are very comfortable.

nebojsa_o
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37x, 2002 Nissan Maxima SE, 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL, 2007 Suzuki GSX-R600

Are the seats with the touring package different comfort/size/shape wise or is it just the stitching and pattern that is different? That may be a possibility if someone has had a chance to compare the two.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

There is a way to possibly make the seat fit you better. It's all in how you adjust them. I'm NOT saying you don't know what you're doing, but I was taught how to set up my seat (I'm 6'3 and 220 pounds) when I had a bit of trouble getting comfy for road trips. It is very time consuming but it paid off brilliantly for me.

1) place the seat completely down front and back with the lumbar support totally deflated.
2) adjust for distance from the dash. Sit as you would on a long trip and get the seat and steering wheel BOTH at a distance that makes a slight bend at your elbows when holding the wheel at 9 and 3
position. Also, make sure your legs are comfy with only a slight bend at the right knee and the left foot resting on the foot pad.
3) adjust the lumbar so you can very faintly feel it against your back without having it push into you
4) adjust the front tilt first so that your back feels comfy against the back of the seat. While doing this, also adjust the rear tilt to make sure you are seated high enough to see clearly and align with
the steering wheel keeping that comfy position for a 9 and 3 grip.
5) now set the seat bealt heighty. Get in and out and adjust it on the B pilar so it does not mash into your shoulder.
6) Once you feel the seat is right, get in and out adjusting the head rest height so that it feels good against your head when you lean back against it. Unfortunately, after 2010, Infiniti stopped using
forward tilting head rests. I love how I can just slightly tilt my head and the head rest supports it while still looking straight ahead.
7) IMPORTANT: you may still need to tweek this, so make sure you SAVE this position as #2 on the door. That way, after you play a bit whilst driving, you can save your final setting as #1 and still
keep the near-perfect setting under #2 (in the event you tweek too much and need to get back to that first setting).

Hope this helps.

NRGM45
Car: 2012 M37S Tech, Deluxe Touring, Sport Moonlight White/Graphite
2006 M45 Tech, Journey, Sport Obsidian Black/Graphite

Damn... I didn't know there's a "science" to adjusting your seat. LOL

Big_Tone
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56x (White w Java interior; Tech Pkg)
PPE Headers; HPS Intake
Custom 2 1/4” exhaust with Jones Exhaust X-Pipe
Infiniti Sport mufflers

NRGM45 wrote:Damn... I didn't know there's a "science" to adjusting your seat. LOL
LOL right?! I may try this to see if I like this method better than how my seat is set now.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

^^ Same lol.

Mjkkb2
Car: 2018 QX60 AWD, 2011 M37S, 2011 Quest, 2001 I30t(sold)

nebojsa_o wrote:Are the seats with the touring package different comfort/size/shape wise or is it just the stitching and pattern that is different? That may be a possibility if someone has had a chance to compare the two.
according to the dealer, sport version has additional bolsters in the seats. Mine do seem a little less than plush and for longer trips I would like more comfortable seat. Daily speaking I don't have this complaint.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

LOL. Some people have wayyyy too much spare time. But in this case, he helped me get my butt comfy so I didn't laugh (not in front of him anyway).

SwissCheeseHead
Car: 11 M37x, 94 BMW 530i

The Deluxe Touring semi-aniline seats are much more plush and comfortable than the standard seats. I had a loaner for a few days while they were working on my Adaptive Cruise sensor and there was a night/day difference between the two. I'm not sure about swappability between the two, but I couldn't imagine it would be overly difficult. Also has the mid-range speakers in the seats as well.

Ilya

Interesting, good to know. I always thought they were just stitched differently in the different packages and the only true difference being climate control or speakers.

SwissCheeseHead
Car: 11 M37x, 94 BMW 530i

There's definitely more bolstering and foam on the Deluxe Touring seats compared to the standard seats. If you have a chance to try it out, I would suggest it.

Jfpq70
Car: 2014 Q70

I have a 2014 with the deluxe touring seats and I think they are outstanding, especially on a long trip. I previously had a BMW X5 with the multi contour seats which were the best seats I ever had. I was concerned the Q's seats would be an issue but to my surprise they are excellent. After a long trip I am not achey or stiff.

Altered
Car: 2013 Infiniti M37x

I agree with the comments about the Deluxe Touring seats. I drove a 2014 Q70 V8 with those seats and they were definitely superior to the ones in my M37x which has Premium Package only. My one gripe with those seats is they cannot be paired with the Sport Package. The black headliner and those seats would make the perfect M/Q70 interior.

M37xfan
Car: Traded in 2012 Infiniti M37x

SwissCheeseHead wrote:There's definitely more bolstering and foam on the Deluxe Touring seats compared to the standard seats. If you have a chance to try it out, I would suggest it.
To add the soft touch leather and materials is outstanding. I have yet to try the car on a long road trip at this point. :chuckle:

I had a q70 loaner one time with the 'basic' seats...it is a night and day difference

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”