Seatbelts

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
odpl_Razor

Anyone done a 3 point lap/lash seat belt installation or had it done professionally?

I want to have seatbelts in my 320 pickup, will probably get it done by the pro as its very risky.

Just want to know if anyones done it.

Cheers

matti

your seat belt anchors must be a minimum of 3600mm square made of at least 3mm mild steel, have a minimum of 5mm radius on corners and they must be contoured to the floor. Any other questions ask a vehicle modification licensed dealer. You can find them in the yellow pages. cheers

matti

Sorry the anchor must be a min of 3750mm square ie 95x40mm or 65x60mm or 50x80mm etc. The bolt to be used is 7/16 UNF H.T.S. If you want to talk mods there is a guy named scott at Pro Care Mechanics Toowoomba who is extremely helpful. He has the QLD Mods book for "allowed" conversions. Also if you are looking at doing your brakes give the details of the system you have in mind (ie: master and slave diameters, drum or disc or combination etc) to Richard at Load Safe Brisbane phone 07 33565679 or Fax 07 33515269 and he will let you know if it is a sound brake system. This aids in getting your roadworthy with mod plates. cheers

odpl_Razor

Thanks heaps Matti

Regarding the brakes does Load Safe Brisbane do full brake conversion from drum to disc?

I've heard of Kev Rowley also in brisbane and he's a datto genius he does engine & brake conversion and other sort of stuff as well.

matti

Load Safe as far as I know are just an organisation that works out if your breaking system is sound ie: the rear isn't going to over brake compared to the front causing rear end lock ups. They dont actually design the system for you. But it wouldnt hurt to call them and ask. cheers

odpl_Razor

there's a guy in US that sells a front brake upgrade that will fit our 320

13" rotor with willwood 4 pot caliper

but the price is US$1500

[img]http://i7.ebayimg.com/03/i/07/27/fc/25_1.JPG[/img]

IMH

Who is the guy in the US that sells them?

odpl_Razor

I think his name is Paul?

$1500 for me is very tempting but I might try my local source if he can do something more than adequate for the 320.

71-521

His info is here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DATSUN-6 ... 5427QQrdZ1

here is what he posted:
[quote]
NEW! NOW YOU CAN PUT THAT PICKUP BACK ON THE ROAD WITH THIS EXTREME KIT FOR THE FRONT OF YOU PICKUP....THIS IS THE MOST BRAKES YOU LL EVER NEED....THE KIT COMES WITH MASSIVE 13 INCH DIRECTIONAL AIR AND GAS VENTED ROTORS, CUSTOM ROTOR HATS MADE FROM SOLID PIECE OF 6061 T6 ALUMINUM, AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, WILWOOD FOUR PISTON CALIPERS WITH PADS, BRACKETS AND HARDWARE, EASY TO INSTALL!!!!NO CUTTING NO WELDING JUST TAKE OFF YOUR WHEEL AND HUB AND BOLT THEM ON.....JUST LIKE THAT YOUR STOPPING LIKE NEVER BEFORE, IVE HAD A LOT OF EMAILS FOR THIS PROJECT AND ONE OF YOU WANTED IT BAD ENOUGH AND I BUILD THIS KIT....THANKS TO HIM WE CAN ALL ENJOY THIS KIT....THANKS PAUL

[/quote]no affiliation to myself...if it was, I'd give them away at cost! I would make a terrible business owner!

odpl_Razor

I wonder if he can just sell the hat and the bracket cos i can just get the rotor here in australia.

also I think you still need to source your front bearing to suit?

willwood is not that popular here in oz people prefer brembo something about the piston seal...

there's more info in www.nwde.org/extras/forum for disc brakes

IMH

It's listed for 521/620.  Will they actually work on a 320?  If so, more interest in them would probably bring the cost down.

Return to “Datsun Chat”