Seatbelt light

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
M35driver1972
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35 sport

Problem… when I plug in drivers seatbelt the seatbelt icon on the dash blinks. Never goes off. I replaced buckle and still does same thing. Weird thing is sometimes light will go off and seems to be fine. Then next time I plug in seatbelt same thing, light blinks.
Can’t seem to find any fix on this problem.
Anyone else have or had this problem?? Any fixes??

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

That's bad news, the OCS system in your passenger seat has probably lost track of the zero-point for the bladder which weighs the passenger, so it thinks there's a passenger when there isn't one. That isn't unusual in older vehicles, but it's expensive to fix on seats which have capacitive bladders in the seat cushions instead of load cells in the seat rails. Basically the whole seat cushion has to be replaced. To confirm that's the issue, buckle the passenger belt and see if the light goes out normally when you buckle the driver's side.

M35driver1972

Thanks for your reply. Even with the buckle buckled on passenger side it still blinks. I’ve tried just about everything.
You think it can be seatbelt control module??
I see then for sale on eBay but I don’t know what it does or where it’s located.
I’m at a loss. Even my mechanic has never seen this problem

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Just looked it up, and your ride does have a separate Seat Belt Controller unlike most other N/I models. You can find the wiring diagram here starting on SB-7:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 5%2Fsb.pdf

The controller does give a rudimentary blinky code you can see on SB-4, but unlike the Airbag Brain, it will only tell you it has a problem, not what the problem is. For that you need to scan it with a capable scanner (very few cars have these, so it's likely only the Nissan Consults are capable). However, the blinky code can tell you whether the controller is operational or not. If it isn't, then a used one may do the trick. It's located in the trunk, see SB-3.

M35driver1972

Thanks for the help. Going to try and get into it this week. Looks like I got my work cut out for me.
ELECTRICAL!!!!😩

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”