Seatbelt Adjustable?

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
TravelingThru

I test drove a 2006 G35 2-door coupe and the seatbelt cut me right in the neck (I am 5'6"), it did the same to my friend (he is 6'4"). The sales person said the seatbelts were not adjustable and they did not appear to be. However, I have read on a few sites that they are.

Am I missing something?Did anyone else experience seatbelt issues?

Thanks

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Assuming they are the same as the 04 models, I haven't noticed a problem with this. I'm 5'7 and my seatbelt is fine.

TravelingThru

I talked to the dealer today. The 2006 seatbelts are NOT adjustable. I can't think of a luxury or sports care that doesn't offer adjustable seatbelts. I think that is a design flaw. Well, they just lost a sale. I am pretty bummed about it to.

Valenti

I feel your pain (well, sort of). I'm just under 5'6 but I've found a happy medium by using the tension arm (or whatever it's really called) and putting it into a more horizontal position. On occasion, I'll route the belt under my collar. I think it also depends on how far up the seat is adjusted. I wish the belts were like my friend's STS and mounted to the seat. Would also make it easier to reach.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Nope, not adjustable unfortunately. As was said earlier the seatbelt arm can be moved around to make the belt more comfortable. I had to play around with my seat a little to get the belt in comfortable position. I'm 5'9 and I am perfectly comfortable with the seat belts. My biggest complaint is that there is sometimes a little bit of rubbing going on with the seat belt arm and the top of the seat which occasionaly causes an annoying squeak.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”