Seat Problems - G35 Coupe

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
Stu Segal
Car: G35 Coupe, Silver, Aero / '06 C6 6.0L

I have had a series of problems with the front seats in my Coupe:

1) Shortly after I got the car (1/03) the passenger seat switches malfunctioned, and the seat would move forward, but not backward. The dealer said there were a number of Coupes with this problem, and Nissan had not yet shipped replacement switches to the U.S. The dealer manually moved the seat back, and unplugged the power supply. It was stuck in this position for 6 weeks waiting for parts.

2) The driver seat makes a clicking sound (almost like it's loose on its mounts) when I move around. May even sound like creaky springs (which I might expect in an old mattress, not a new car).

3) Then there's SEAT HEAT. Does anyone else feel like the seat heaters barely work - or have I just been spoiled by another manufacturer whose seats get a lot hotter?

Anybody else have these kind of issues with their seats?

. . .Stu

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I have had no problems. Actually my seat heater seems to get really hot.

Aries
Car: LT1 240SS

I haven't really had any problems with my seats.Don't really use the seat heaters in Houston, TX though...

autotech43

For the G35 5-speed coupes only. There is a new wiring harness pigtail that is located under the console that may need replacing which will correct the seat heater concern. I would contact the dealer and see if your vehicle applies.

moses

On the seat clicking problem, I have it too. Taking mine in next week...

Service Bulletin Num : ITB02080 Date of Bulletin: ? Type: Coupe and Sedan Component: DRIVER SEAT Summary: DRIVER SEAT ROCKS IF YOU CONFIRM: The driver seat cushion feels loose; • "Rocks" back and forth and/or makes a "pop" / "click" noise. • Usually when the vehicle accelerates from a stop or when making a turn. Action: Replace the front Seat Lifter Link Bracket Assembly with a new one-P/N 87463-AM501.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”