Seat Covers

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
hublado
Car: 1993 240sx convertible

Hello..........I have a stock 1993 240SX, white with gray interior. I would like to put seat covers on the front buckets. Has anyone purchased seat covers that they are happy with for a similar car ? Most of the reviews I have read online were bad.
If anyone can help, please give the source and approximate cost. I don't want to spend a fortune.

hublado

blkvrtswp
Car: 93 240SX Convertible
SR20DET FP 20G Turbo

Choices are very limited. eBay $50 covers are as good as eBay $150 covers in my experience. Real quality upholstery covers are going to run you $500+ installed. If you live in NYC or San Diego or Los Angeles, there are local shops that do awesome fast work for around $300 / $500. You have to find them though.

hublado

Thanks for the info. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada, so my choices in custom shops is mighty limited.

blkvrtswp
Car: 93 240SX Convertible
SR20DET FP 20G Turbo

I used some eBay $50 covers for a while - the stock seat is very standard sized so the bucket seat type covers fit well. I'd keep a lookout for someone local to you that is parting out a 240 or a shop that has some cheap knockoff aftermarket seats that at least look good.

If you are over about 5 foot 11 inches tall you will likely have trouble with your seating / driving position in aftermarket seats unless you get an expensive super low bracket because they sit about 2"-3" higher than the stock ones and you will have to slide all the way back and recline. I recently bought the Bride bottom mount super low MO rail for my drivers side Recaro, but it was $230 - ouch! It is fully 2.5" lower than the Wedge brand bracket I had.

Good luck, the 'vert interior is full of challenges!

hublado

Thanks for the reply.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”