Seat Covers for the Versa S

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
yerrago
Car: 92 Pathfinder 3" Lifts, 32" tires

I'm buying the Versa S with 6 speed and the power package. But I'd like to improve the experience, which means I'll have to get some upgrades of my own- ipod-controllable audio system, change into a 6-speaker system, add carpets, splash guards, find side mouldings that aren't out yet, get a friend to add design trim, and add seat covers. The hardest of all, ironically, is adding seat covers.

I'd like to get something that's has the texture of the Xterra's or Honda Element's seats, which is nicely woven, has a nice feel and texture to it, and is waterproof. What material is that and who makes really good snug seat covers that don't look like seat covers? How much would that cost typically?

In the end, I'd like this car to be more customized to me than what the SL's options are forcing me into buying.

Thanks.

ftnssn
Car: Versa SL

wet okole makes really nice covers, but you won't get off cheap. but any decent set will be expensive.

yerrago

There's so little choice. Wet Okole's may be nice to use, but the texture and color choices are so limited. I may just have to head out of the country and have one custom-made for myself. Does anyone know where I could get some nice materials to take with me?

Sahandman
Car: civic

if u like the seat covers on the x-terra, why dont u contact ur nissan dealers parts representative and ask them who makes the seat covers for the x-terra. or if anything, ask them if they can install them on ur versa. btw, wasnt it just more easier and cheaper to just go with the SL instead of 1 by 1 installing all those after-market components?

yerrago

Well, it's a matter of convenience vs. what you really want.

I find the SL wheels not any better than mags I can buy after market, for one. And I could do without the convenience package. Although I like to have a sunroof and the SL allows for that option, Nissan forces me to have satellite radio and audio upgrade package which I really don't need to get the sunroof.

Plus, going S intead of SL seems to get me a car quickly as well, which I really need since my clunker of a car took a dump on me my breaking its timing belt.

Since the S doesn't have as need seats as the SL, and since the sound system isn't as nice (no AUX input), that is why I wanted to get spanking nice seat covers and my own upgrade to outdo the SL audio receiver - by having an ipod adapter so that I can control my ipod from the console.

toby

I'm gonna wait for to address the seats on my Versa SL, but I'm looking at Muthco for wide angle signal mirrors, Turbonator for a boost in horsepower and fuel economy, and adding a K&N filter charger, a better looking exhaust tip and psuedo-HID lens covers, as well as paint protection shields for the front and sides of the car. Oh, and I'm also moving forward on putting foglights on the car too, plus the dealer is installing a sunroof on the car this Thursday that closes automatically when the car is turned off. That's no big whoop, but the sunroof Nissan installs doesn't do that, so it'll be unique. That is, until one of you adds it to your Versa! There are tons of things you can do to your car that won't void the warranty, just so long as you stay away from tinkering with the powertrain and avoid disreputable aftermarket shops. I'm sick of hearing that there aren't any options available! There may not be any MANUFACTURER'S options available, but there are OPTIONS available... so check 'em out is my advice, and enjoy having a unique car! I get looks all day in mine, so I know you get 'em too...

indus49
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S, Magnetic Gray with Beige/Black Interior, Power Package.

I picked up a set at Autozone, I don't remember the brand, but the model was called "Fairfield"... fit fairly well and matches my interior!

yerrago

toby,

Can you post some pic? Thanks.

toby

Sadly, I am a technological caveman and have no digital camera readily available, but I will remedy that shortly. If I did have one though, you would see that I have a completely stock SL, in the color Nissan calls "Superblack". The modifications I mentioned are all PLANNED, not completed. The minute I get the foglights and tints, pictures WILL be posted, I promise! As for the rest of the stuff I want to do, I think other than the above, adding a better looking exhaust tip is about all I'll do this year really. Even so, if anyone's interested, here's some places to check out:WeatherTech (weathertech.com)- I'm going to look at the heavy duty floor mats that extend to the door sill, in hopes of keeping the beige carpet in my car clean. I just hope they have one that'll fit the Versa... AutoAnything.com- I'm looking at autodimming rearview mirrors, and investigating custom seat covers for the front and rear, preferably leatherette. You can also find K&N air filters here, and the goods you need to give your Versa heated seats, which I would like to do before winter, but sadly may not get around to. Here's hoping!Muth Mirror Systems (muthco.com)- I checked with them today, and was saddened to hear that heated signal mirrors were not available for the Versa. However, signal mirrors are! Not that they're necessary, I just want them, for the uniqueness I guess. If you want to know more about the paint protection or lens covers I mentioned, I have forgotten the website, but call the company (whatever it's called) at 866-632-6182 and ask about both or either. They'll need measurements and you'll need to find a reputable installer, and they'll advise you to use a quality window tinting place for installation. Just check that the tint place you select will actually do the installation. Oh, and the lens covers and paint protection have lifetime guarantees I was told, so that's that. Later!

toby

Just wanted to make a correction: I'm looking at Coverking (coverking.com) for the seats. You should still check out Auto Anything though, as they've got good stuff. If anybody finds out about available aftermarket parts, please post that info for people who want to customize their cars, as I'm sure it'll be greatly appreciated. Later!

toby

Just to update, WeatherTech doesn't have the heavy duty floor liners in a size compatible with the Versa just yet, so I'm looking at other options. However, if anyone cares, Ayar Inc. (ayarinc.com) responded to my email, stating that they can do custom seats for the Versa for about $700. I'll let you know what I work out with them, as by the end of next month, I plan on having the tint, seats, muffler tip and hopefully interior carpeting redone.

yerrago

There really isn't much out there in terms of accessories for the versa. But the Gentex autodimming rearview mirror with compass and with map lights look very tempting at around $200. For the Versa S trim which doesn't come with map lights, the map lights that comes with the high-end Gentex mirror will more than make up for it. I looked this up after you gave me the lead at autoanything.com.

As for the seats, $700 is a bit much. I'll settle for either a leatherette or neoprene seat cover, but really wish there is a material having the feel of leatherette, the waterproofness of neoprene, and the woven texture of the Versa SL trim seats.

toby

Regarding the seats, check the website. They offer leather seating surfaces and heating elements, so for a combination, I'd say a starting price of around $700 isn't too surprising. True, I don't have an exact quote, but I'll get one for the leather and heating tomorrow, and let you know. I figure it'll wind up being about $1,000 or so. Then there's the carpeting... Since the car's black, I'd like to do gray carpets, and have black seats with gray perforated inserts (again, see that website for a better idea on the seats). Doing the rest of the car in gray will cost some dough, to be sure, but for me, it'll be worth it. Oh, and if anybody cares, everblades.com has heated windshield wipers for $85 a pair. They already have the correct measurements for the Versa too. There's a lot I want to do, but I have other obligations too, so what I actually get done versus what I want to get done this year will surely be very different. The exhaust tip, springs, tinting, wiper blades and seats can surely be done this year, but getting the interior redone in the color I want is another thing, as there are so many surfaces that will have to be recolored... I don't want to half-*** and have some stuff gray and others beige, so if I can't do it all at once, I'll just wait until next spring. We'll see...

toby

yerrago wrote:There really isn't much out there in terms of accessories for the versa. But the Gentex autodimming rearview mirror with compass and with map lights look very tempting at around $200. For the Versa S trim which doesn't come with map lights, the map lights that comes with the high-end Gentex mirror will more than make up for it. I looked this up after you gave me the lead at autoanything.com.
I'm specifically looking at the Gentex K21 mirror, having the maplights already. But yeah, the price isn't bad, though I understand the stock rearview mirror's glass attachment bracket or whatever has to be removed, which may or may not be something easy to do. Seeing as how some folks have said they've done the install themselves, I'm guessing it's the former. I hope so, as I'd rather save cash and do it myself if possible.

yerrago

Changing the seating (leather being the case with Ayarainc), might be the only way if you want to do some change in the seating. Because we have the SRS airbags built-in to the front seats, seat cover are going to restrain their deployment.

I checked the website Toby referred to (www.ayarainc.com) and I am very tempted to go that route. I just got my 6-speed manual Versa S and the seating is decent, but next to the Maxima in the showroom, it is begging to be upgraded.

Elmojo
Car: 2007 Versa SL

In regards to seats, has anyone looked into importing the leather-inset seats from the Tiida?I haven't seen them, but have heard that they are nice, and may end up being cheaper (doubtful) than aftermarket, and have the added benefit of being Nissan OEM, if you care about that sort of thing.Just a thought.

I found a pic of the Tiida seat, and on second thought, it looks nice, but isn't really what you guys were asking for. Ignore my suggestion. Unless you like the seat, that is; in which case, I want an finder's fee!

Modified by Elmojo at 8:52 PM 9/2/2006
Modified by Elmojo at 8:53 PM 9/2/2006

Return to “Versa General Chat”