Seat covers for Rogue?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
92hatchattack
Car: 2008 Indigo Blue Nissan Rogue

Does anyone know is Nissan is offering factory fit seat covers for the rogue, orif the entire seat cloth can be replaced in the future? ( I notice a vertical zipper line on the rear of the cloth seats) Prices???

If not, has anyone found a front and rear seat cover set that fits well, and isnt an eye sore?

techtrix
Car: 44/16 nishiki international fixed gear

i know you can get custom made seat covers for your rogue at http://www.shearcomfort.com/ in a bunch of different styles. they'll look super hot & will protect your factory seats...

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

To me it looks like the seats may need some protecting to keep them looking new over the long term. My impression of my SL seats is that they are going to wear prematurely, I am already seeing signs of this particularly at the seams where the two different types of material is stitched together, and particularly on the left side of drivers seat where I rub when I get in and out. I'm dissappointed in this, making seat material that is reasonably durable and doesn't show wear within in the first year shouldn't be too tough, Nissan has been making cars for decades and this shouldn't be an issue, compared to complex mechanical component engineering choosing a durable seat fabric should be a non issue. Not happy, as I was planning on keeping this vehicle for at least 10 to 12 years and I shudder to think what the fabric will look like then, so maybe seat covers will become a necessity. Not happy.

philipa_240sx

Classic Soft Trim makes aftermarket leather seat covers for the Rogue. They are specifically designed to be compatible with airbags.

Classic Soft Trim

As for the the original question,

Yes, it's possible to purchase a new OEM seat cover and replace the old one. It's held on with zippers at the back and hog rings underneath.

Elton Noway
Car: 2009 Rogue SL FWD Phantom White Black Cloth

kerrton wrote:To me it looks like the seats may need some protecting to keep them looking new over the long term. My impression of my SL seats is that they are going to wear prematurely, I am already seeing signs of this particularly at the seams where the two different types of material is stitched together, and particularly on the left side of drivers seat where I rub when I get in and out.
Yes, and unfortunately you are not the first one to report it.

For me, I was lucky enough to stumble across another thread n this forum and saw a picture posted by ntwrkd OMG! The wear on the edge of the driver seat from sliding in and out was totally unacceptable. I immediately purchased some seat covers.

If you want to see how quickly your Rogue factory cloth seats can wear... check out ntwrkd's photo in this link:zer...00747

I purchased my seat covers off eBay. They were inexpensive and serve the purpose. If you think $35 is a fair price to protect your "front" seats then check these out:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...A1318

NOTE: The reason I emphasize "front" is because the $35 eBay price is supposed to be for a complete set... front and back! I got the covers very quick (fast shipping) and the front seat covers fit like a glove. Very pleased with the fit. They have a soft "golf glove" leather feel to them and are made especially for use with the Rogues side airbags. That said... the back seat cover is crap. First off, the rear cover is for a generic bench seat and DOES NOT have the 60/40 split Also, it does not conform to the headrests but instead stretches across from the top of one to the top of the other which almost completely blocks out your view out back window because you lose the space between the two headrests. I threw the rear seat cover in the trash. I figure they only cost $35 and was a temporary fix to protect my front seats until I can do it right.

Speaking of doing it right... I did a TON of internet searching and reading forums on seat covers, the good the bad and the ugly ... the horror stories... and eventually came to the consensus that the best fitting, best looking, best made seat covers are made by Coverking. http://www.coverking.com/cscpatterns.html

NOTE: The CoverKing website has pretty crappy sample images to look at (to see what the material looks like). Here's another website that is a distributor for CoverKing. They have great sample pics of the material as well as customer reviews to read. Just let your mouse hover over a color sample to see it larger image pop-up. Also, be aware that there are TWO pages of fabric selections to look at so make sure you check out page 1 and 2.

http://www.autoaccessoriesgara...s.asp

philipa_240sx

I'm not sure what others have been experiencing, but my seat fabric have been wearing fairly well. 35,000mi on the clock.

kerrton

Hey Elton, thanks a lot for the info....if you have some spare time one day, would you mind posting some pics of your seat covers, including the back too? Thanks.

Elton Noway

kerrton wrote:Hey Elton, thanks a lot for the info....if you have some spare time one day, would you mind posting some pics of your seat covers, including the back too? Thanks.
Okay... I finally got around to taking some pics of my cheap $35 eBay seat covers. As stated in my earlier posts... I'm very pleased with the fit on the front seats, they have a nice "golf glove" leather feel to them... but the back seat cover was total Crap! No way it was made for the Rogue. It went into the trash.

This next shot doesn't show the seat covers. I just wanted to include a shot of the back seat so you can get an idea of what the material in the front seats look like before I installed the seat covers. In person the interior looks black but in photos the insert material refects the light and appears grey.

This next photo is to show how the seat covers looks on the back of the seats. Doesn't look as bad as some after market seat covers I've seen. BTW, The head rest covers fit really nice as well.

For $35 I guess you can't expect too much. Anyway... the benefit of the Lycra is you have to "stretch and pull" the covers into place. The lycra ensures a snug fit. Oh... and before anyone flames me... I didn't install the seat covers because I like the way they look... I only did it to protect the fabric from wear and tear.
Modified by Elton Noway at 8:48 PM 7/1/2009

kerrton

Elton, thank you so much for taking the time to take those photos and post them up for me, I really do appreciate it. Those do look pretty good, especially for the price, and like you I'm more concerned with protecting the seats than looks. The black might be a little hot in the summer which I could live with, but I wonder how the synthetic leather performs in cold winter temps, if it hardens and cracks when cold that could be an issue. Anyway, like you said the cost is minimal.....something to think about, thanks again.

gc444

I had a question for the Rogue community, I have had my 2008 Rogue for 2 years now and have been reading in this forum off and on during that time. I searched and found some other threads on seat covers, but I wanted to know if anybody has used CarCoverPlanet.com?

I have a couple of places on the back of the drivers seat that got picked pretty bad when I was moving some stuff in my Rogue and I found their website and I was hoping somebody here might have used them. They do have a side panel in the front seat that lets the airbag inflate properly, but the ones I am looking at are not cheap as seat covers go. $300 total for front and back seat, but I think they look really nice. I was going to get either the grey/black or charcoal/black to match my interior. So if anybody has any insight I would be glad to hear from them.

Here is a direct link to the ones I am looking at:http://www.carcoverplanet.com/....html
Last edited by Rogue One on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing thread

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

They look really nice. I might get in future.

Elton Noway

gc444 wrote:I had a question for the Rogue community, I have had my 2008 Rogue for 2 years now and have been reading in this forum off and on during that time. I searched and found some other threads on seat covers, but I wanted to know if anybody has used CarCoverPlanet.com?
While I don't have any personal experience with CarCoverPlanet... I also did extensive research into seat covers for my Rogue a couple months back.

NET: Covers are still covers. Some fit better than others. You generally get what you pay for. Even a great company with great fitting covers can leave you disappointed if you pick the wrong material. The material you choose can effect the fit (i.e. stretchy materials tend to fit better with less wrinkles). Some materials may have a great look or custom fit at but are stiff and uncomfortable to sit on. Some itch. Some wrinkle etc.

Anyway... I narrowed my short list down to CoverKing seat covers based on Customer Reviews. I mean... you can read a lot of wonderful things stated by the supplier or manufacturer... but it's what the customers have to say about the product, fit and quality that really matters.

You can go directly to the Cover King.com web site to read about the product but I found this Cover King supplier website was great for reading Cover King reviews. http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Seat-Covers

gc444

It would seem both websites carry the same products at the exact same prices. I would guess either they are affiliated or have the same supplier. Thank you for pointing me to this website since there are actual reviews.

Elton Noway

gc444 wrote:It would seem both websites carry the same products at the exact same prices. I would guess either they are affiliated or have the same supplier. Thank you for pointing me to this website since there are actual reviews.
Yep.. You are correct. It does indeed seems to be the very same product. Although no reviews... here is yet another supplier of the same product.

http://www.carcoverexperts.com....html

Net: carcoverexperts or carcoverplanet... it appears the actual manufacturer is CoverKing.

rolade01
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Carbon Silver Black/Blue Cloth

I have a plain black, canvas set, front/rear seats (fronts have velcro sides for SRS airbags and rear has 60/40 split) and middle console cover from Premium Seat Covers. They don't look as nice as the ones at carcoverplanet.com, but they only cost me $140 + shipping ($14 to the U.S.) from Puerto Rico in mid-December 2009. They are of very decent quality, fit very snugly and only took me 45 minutes to install.

Here's their link http://stores.ebay.com/premium-seat-covers(the sample images don't do them justice - my seat covers have barely a wrinkle)

bean
Car: 2010 Rogue
2005 Altima

I just purchased a new-to-me 2010 Rogue with the 360 package. It might as well be new, except for a small paint chip on the side of the front fender and 10K miles. I've been reading up on car set covers and Costco has a very good price on Coverking's Neoprene seat covers. I know they are custom made, but I'm wondering if anyone has them on a Rogue and can chime in on just how "custom" they fit. Pictures would be very helpful.

kerrton

I'm not familiar with them but the most important thing to check is if they are designed to accomodate the seat air bags - they need to have "break-away" sections on the side for this. If they are custom designed for the Rogue they will likely have this feature, if they are generic then they probably don't have this feature.

There is this set on ebay that at least one member has purchased:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-CAR-SEAT-Cover-S ... 1e610343bd

They have this interesting note: "Air bags will be able to rip through the seat cover upon deployment. However, we do not recommend putting the seat covers over air bags. We recommend that customers make a small INCISION where the air bags are. This will allow the air bags to deploy freely."

Just something to be aware of.

AkRowidy09
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Anybody know some good websites that sell seat covers? I am an owner of a 2008 Nissan Rogue

If anybody could help or give me some ideas, I would greatly appreciate it.

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

AkRowidy09 wrote:Anybody know some good websites that sell seat covers? I am an owner of a 2008 Nissan Rogue
If anybody could help or give me some ideas, I would greatly appreciate it.
IM NOT A FAN OF SEAT-COVERS.... and i cant claim any positive experiences with this company, but from what i heard and see this is a popular choice.

http://www.clazzioseatcovers.com/

They still wrinkle, and bend and morph like the others - but a little bit better.

BarbaraNJ
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV

I have a 2015 Rogue SV. The custom car seats appear quite expensive, while the "universal" styles are much less expensive, even if of the same material. I understand that there is an air bag issue, but my model seems to have side curtain air bags at the top of the windows. Does anyone know if I have both above the window deployment and at the side of the driver and passenger seats ?

phjake
Car: 2015 Murano SL

BarbaraNJ wrote:I have a 2015 Rogue SV. The custom car seats appear quite expensive, while the "universal" styles are much less expensive, even if of the same material. I understand that there is an air bag issue, but my model seems to have side curtain air bags at the top of the windows. Does anyone know if I have both above the window deployment and at the side of the driver and passenger seats ?
I have a 2015 Rogue, and yes it does have side impact airbags on the front seats. If you look on the side of the of the driver's and passenger's seat near the back you will see the airbag tags.

BarbaraNJ
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV

phjake: thanks for the quick reply. I will have to check more closely for the location of the airbag. The "custom" seat covers I saw were about $250 (you have to purchase the entire front seat "row") and the same material in universal fit is half that. In fact, I really only want the driver's side, since I rarely have passengers but all of the custom covers that I have seen so far on line will not sell just the driver's seat cover.

I am interested in your opinion----do you think that cutting a hole in the seat cover in the location of the air bag will allow it to deploy ? If the seat cover is inexpensive enough, I won't mind the cutting !!!

thank you :)

phjake
Car: 2015 Murano SL

BarbaraNJ wrote:phjake: thanks for the quick reply. I will have to check more closely for the location of the airbag. The "custom" seat covers I saw were about $250 (you have to purchase the entire front seat "row") and the same material in universal fit is half that. In fact, I really only want the driver's side, since I rarely have passengers but all of the custom covers that I have seen so far on line will not sell just the driver's seat cover.

I am interested in your opinion----do you think that cutting a hole in the seat cover in the location of the air bag will allow it to deploy ? If the seat cover is inexpensive enough, I won't mind the cutting !!!

thank you :)
The problem is knowing how big of a hole you would have to cut. Honestly, I don't know if there's any manual that would show the exact area that can't be covered up. Maybe someone on this forum would know.

rabernet
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV

I thought I would add on to this thread, since I searched for "seat covers" in this forum, and my returns, the most recent replies seem to be from 2015. Three to four years later, I'm wondering how many of you are using seat covers on their Rogues, and what supplier you're using? Initially, I wanted to look for something affordable that looked nice (under $100), but I don't want to sacrifice safety either (side air bags).

I just recently acquired my parents' 2016 Rogue, when they heard I was planning to trade in my 2009 Altima for a used Rogue. Unknown to me, they were thinking about upgrading to a 2019 AWD Rogue, so the stars all lined up, and I was able to buy their 2016 Rogue from them. Win/win - since I know their driving and maintenance habits.

Anyway, the interior is tan/beige - and already I am seeing blue on the seats from my blue jeans, and I'd like to protect at the very least, the front seats. I have a bench cover made for pets on the back seat already for my two golden retrievers, but wouldn't mind finding something waterproof (they dock dive), that's more "permanent" if that's available.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Return to “Rogue Forum”