Seat covers and AC/heated seats

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Altim8M37
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37 RWD

Did a quick search but didn't see anything related.

Living in FL, I'd like to purchase a set of neoprene covers. I'm not into BDSM and try not to burn myself with leather. Has anyone used any seat covers and know how severely they impact the temp (AC specifically)?

Debonair
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56

Altim8M37 wrote:Did a quick search but didn't see anything related.

Living in FL, I'd like to purchase a set of neoprene covers. I'm not into BDSM and try not to burn myself with leather. Has anyone used any seat covers and know how severely they impact the temp (AC specifically)?
Neoprene is an insulating, waterproof material. I have no first hand experience but I think it would nearly nullify, or at least extremely delay the cooling effect of the seat AC. Defeats the purpose in my opinion.

California is not Florida but we have recently come off our hottest year ever and are in a serious drought with record temps even. Window tint, a windshield sunshade, and AC seats have been more then enough temperature control for me.

Have you tinted your windows yet?

BlackCat81
Car: 2006 M35x
2003 Lexus GX470

I put a small towel on my seat bottom if I'm wearing fancy pants with a button on the back pockets, and even that pretty much nullifies any heating and cooling the seats do.

EdBwoy

Altim8M37 wrote:Did a quick search but didn't see anything related.

Do the seats not cool fast enough in the M? I agree that window tint might help as someone suggested above. In addition to that, I have owned cars with leather seats and neither heating nor cooling and shortly after running the A/C everything is comfortable. What I'd like is remote start to get everything ready by the time I'm in.
But neoprene the material as I understand it, doesn't breathe well at all. I don't know how it does in preventing a hot seat when you get in, but I feel like your nether regions will get way sweatier than the original "leather" after a long drive.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”