Seat belts replace and the top part of my back seat flew off

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
Aubiedrake
Car: 2011 Infinity G37s convertible Limited Edition Malbiec black with red interior

I had the seat belts replace on my 2011 Infiniti G37s convertible. They were hanging in the locked position and would not release for several miles of driving. I thought they just replaced the front belts but after I picked it up I put the top down and something red flew out of the back seat as I was driving. I thought they might have left a mechanics rag in the back seat so I kept driving. I didn't notice what it was until I got out of the car and noticed the top part of my back seat behind the headrest is missing. Has anyone else had this piece come off? I will be contacting the dealer in the morning about this but I bet they will tell me its not related to the seat belt replacements.

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

Welcome to NICO!
Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

If you had the dealer replace the seat belts, then they're liable to replace the piece that they did not correctly fasten. Politely disagree to their story if they give you grief- use logic and say something along the lines of "I didn't replace the seat belts, you did. How do you suppose this piece came loose?"

If they still give you trouble, call the Nissan/Infiniti service line.

Aubiedrake
Car: 2011 Infinity G37s convertible Limited Edition Malbiec black with red interior

They said they only replaced the front seat belts and didn't touch the rear. But the part that flew off was a cover that hid the safety bar that comes up in case of a rollover since it is a convertible. They said they will replace it free of charge since its still under warranty but since they only made a little over 150 of the red interior limited editions it may take a while to try and locate one. So far I am happy they are doing something right. I will keep you posted if they don't.

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

Thats awesome- glad to hear a dealer is doing the right thing!

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”