SDS Rotary Hammer Drill / Harbor Freight

Home project-related forums. Woodworking, home improvement, landscape, and cooking discussion forum. Yeah, car guys cook.
ishkabibble
Car: 1992 NX2000 hardtop, 1993 NX2000 t-top, 1997 Infiniti I30t

I got this today. I think it's my new favorite tool.

http://www.harborfreight.com/c...41983

Cuts through concrete and brick like butter! My friends regular hammer drill took 1 hour to drill a hole in a brick wall, this thing does it in 10 seconds.

Oh, yeah, I love Harbor Freight, too. Cheap tools that are "good enough" for small jobs.

Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

Nice find. I will buy Harbor Freight's cheap tools all day long, as long as it's not a regularly used tool. I have a Ryobi (free) and a dewalt cordless drills, a Hitachi and Skil circular saws (the skil is a worm drive badass mofo) wrench set is Craftsman, and most the rest of the tools are HF.

When I add another awning to my backyard, I will need to either rent or buy a hammer drill. If it's close to the same price, I may buy one.

1sikS13
Car: 1992 S13 240sx

i recommend buying this if you plan on using it at all. For the price you cant beat it. I personally use this same exact hammerdrill alot, and there is nothing it wont penetrate. From concrete slabs that are 6 inches thick, to brick masonry. The construction company i work for has had one for three years now and i have personally torture tested this thing and it still works like a dream. We even bought a second one. Definatly a good buy here!

Return to “Around the House”