SD22 5 speed into a 2000 Sonoma Extended Cab SLS

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
ibbuckshot
Car: 1983 Datsun 720

Greeting folks,
I am in the process of installing an SD22 diesel into a 2000 Sonoma. I have reached the process of plumbing the fuel system. My stumbling block is which fuel lines go where.. :gotme ..I have the main fuel line coming from the tank going to the IN port of the fuel filter housing....I also have a line from the out port of the fuel filter housing going to a larger hose line at the bottom of the fuel pump directly under the primer pump....My problem is how to hook up the remaining two lines at the top rear of the fuel pump and the two lines on the fuel filter housing ?? I understand one is a return line and the other I think is a vent line but I don't know which one goes to what line....I have searched for several hours on the net and found nothing....I have a shop manual for the 82-83 Datsun 720 but nothing there either....I would be pleased if any of you folks could send a photo or a drawing of the fuel filter housing / fuel pump showing the plumbing....What happened to the Nissan Diesel Forum? I tried to locate it but it seems to have disappeared......I had pictures of my SD22 / Sonoma build spattered across several pages.... Thank you in advance for any help that you can offer....
Have fun
buckshot
Ocala, Florida

Return to “Datsun 720”