SD to CF adaptor for the Music Box

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
dthomson
Car: 2009 Infinti G37 Sport Convertible

Does anyone know if you can use a SD to CF adapter for the music box? Does it have a CF Type II interface to allow it. I have a 16GB SD card full of MP3's I would like to use to play in the G if at all possible.

By the way I am a new owner 2009 G37 Sport Convertible and love the car!!!!!

Thanks,

...D

magnabruin
Car: Infinity convertible G37

Hi there, I have just joined the forum but I have the same car you have in a beautiful pacific blue. To answer your question, yes you can use an SD to CF type II adapter in the vehicle. I bought one from Newegg and it works quite well. The only caveat is that for some unwise reason the infinity engineers only allowed up to a 2 GB memory card to be used. You can use your 8 GB card, but it will only read the first (alphabetically I think) 2 GB of data. I know this is a big drag. I like you, had placed my entire music collection on a 16 GB CF card but it would only read 2 GB of it. I have researched this issue and the unfortunate limit is 2 GB. The good news is that 2 GB of either SD or CF memory is rather cheap these days. If you live in Los Angeles, Fry's is selling 2 GB micro SD cards with the SD adapter for $5.99. If you use the Sd to CF adapter you are set. Good luck and enjoy your vehicle.

Poyzinous
Car: 2004 G35x Premium 1976 Classic Red 36 inch #18 Radio Flyer Wagon...

If you have the music box, you can copy CD's that way into the hard drive

dthomson

That is very helpful!!!!

Not the news I wanted to hear but nonetheless it is what it is, looks like I am stealing my 2GB card from my wife's camera for the 16GB, not a very fair deal IMO, lol...

Glad to see the adapter does work, I will pick one of those up...

Poyzinous: Yes, I did know that only 9.3gigs is set aside for the Music Box media player. And must be be ripped by actual CD's, thanks for the info thou!!!!

After doing some more research I found the following:

The 9.3 Music Box currently has a 3000 song limit.

Any size flash card will work, however the reader can only see up to 512 songs. Anything over this limit will not be readable.

...D

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

I don't understand why these limits are placed on the music system...it's like we're dealing with 10-year old programing!

Why not put in a 200g+ size HD???

Hopefully there will be an update from Infiniti that addresses these issues.

dthomson

I am with you there, the limitations with the software is very frustrating, I wish that just they would have made a usb slot, and made the folder/files unlimited so an external hard drive could have been plugged in... Hopefully we are only a few years away from this being the standard in most vehicles...

...Derek

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

The 2010's have a USB...not sure if the audio system is any different though..

mtbkr1030
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

The USB SUCKS! By the time it reads the memory you are at your destination. I bought a 16g and used a 4 g and it takes fooooooooooooooooooooorever to start playing. Why couldn't they just of put a $2.00 aux plug on the 2010's?????

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”