Screen Day/Night setting

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
sunset ed
Car: 2014 Q50 Premium AWD, Malbec Black
Nav package, Leather Package, Deluxe Touring Package

Hi,

I'm a new Infiniti/Q50 owner (about 1 month)

I'm having problems with the day/night setting on the nav screen. It doesn't switch automatically. The adjustment slider that comes up sometimes has a "Auto" in the Icon and sometimes not, but regardless, nothing happens automatically. I can sometimes get it to work but I don't know how to repeat that, and the next day or night, it stays on where it was.

It looks like it might work correctly if the headlights are off (at least the screen goes black), but what good is that?

I can manually "Change Screen Color", but I would think it would be automatic. It was on my last car, a Nissan 370Z.

The owner's manual has virtually nothing on this. Do I need to make other settings, or is this just another In Touch "quirk"?

I'm getting "THE update" done on Tuesday.

sunset ed
Car: 2014 Q50 Premium AWD, Malbec Black
Nav package, Leather Package, Deluxe Touring Package

User error, problem solved. Actually poor (or NO) documentation.

Auto screen day/night is tied to the auto headlight setting. BOTH need to be on for the auto screen adjustment to work.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

It should be covered either in the Owner's guide or the NAV guide.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”