Scratches

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Borderdog

I have been watching this site for months since getting my Rogue. Months ago I reported the problem to Nisssan and got a case number and name for a contact to check back with. I took the car into a dealer to show them the problem like suggested and they said Yup we see it but since I seemed to know more about it then they did to wait until they had a fix for it. Repainting didn't seem to make sense since the problem would come back. I called Nissan back to see what was up, only could get voice mail messages. Left my case number, contact name , etc. and I have heard nothing. What next?

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Ummm....what's going on? You didn't really leave a description of the problem, and I'm confused as to what you are asking...

philipa_240sx

Unless you have a paint quality issue (ie. peeling, flaking, etc), Nissan will undoubtedly say it normal wear and tear and will refuse to fix it.

You didn't clarify if the vehicle was like this from new or the scratches just happened.

Borderdog

Sorry about the confusion. I thought I had posted the topic in the thread concerning the scratches on thedoor seal area. On the front doors where the rubber door seal hits the bottom of the door frame grit and dirt get trapped and make small scratches up and down the paint. Will likely start to rust before long unless corrected.

Borderdog

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

That is something that will unfortunatly get passed off as normal wear and tear - your best bet for something like this is to simply just repaint as you go, possibly adding several coats of clearcoat to help manage the scratches.

Return to “Rogue Forum”