Scratches on interior door vinyl

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
Quattran

When the seat belt retracts, it hits the top of the door panel. I think that this is vinyl, rather than leather. It is scratching the vinyl. Is there any way to prevent this? Has anyone else had this problem?

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I have heard that some people put a little sleeve on the metal part and I am sure that that would help prevent scratching. Most started using some sort of sleeve to prevent rattling.

Quattran

Any idea on what kind of sleeves are being used to prevent the seat belt from scratching the door as it retracts? What is the source for the sleeves?

rydwhite

Check out the link below. The last 2 or 3 posts give a couple of ideas. Also, if you raise the arm straight out and place the buckle at the top of the seat, then it shouldn't rattle or touch the door. But, I just reread your original post and I doubt that any of these will help will. I guess you should just be really careful when unbuckling your belt. Let us know what you come up with.

http://www.nissaninfiniticlub....28552

Ryan

Quattran

I have used sheepskin covers which attach to the seat belt with velcro. These covers are designed to make wearing seat belts more comfortable by cushioning the belt on your shoulder. It does prevent the seat belt from snapping back and scratching the door. It prevents the passenger seat belt from rattling when the seat is vacant. It does, however, mean that you have to be careful not to close the door on the belt when you exit since the belt does not fully retract.

rydwhite

Sounds like you got it figured out nicely.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”