scraped front bumper ;(

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
yustonuser
Car: EX35

Hi all - my wife tried something new while pulling out the new EX from the garage this AM and accidentally scraped against the wall which left some significant white scratches on the driver's side front bumper panel. It doesn't appear to be dented at all, but is scraped white. I am praying it could be buffed out as the paint could be from the wall and NOT the underside of the panel. Any thoughts?

inteller
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

if the paint is from the wall and it didn't break through the clear coat to the base coat it will heal itself. clean it as best you can without using something abrasive and leave it out in the sun for a few days.

EX-lover
Car: Infiniti EX 35

sorry to hear this. Yeah, leave it in the sun. I guess all of us are anxious to see how the self heal paint works. They say it can take up to 1-2 weeks for the paint to heal. Keep us posted.

rubystar88
Car: EX 35

Sorry to hear it yusto-Try gently buffing it out...hopefully it is just paint from the garage wall??

Regarding self healing-My body work guy has been experimenting with the self healing paint, it seems to work on very minor/thin line scratches on the metal part of the body, but the bumpers are plastic and he has yet to see a bumper scratch "heal".

EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

yustonuser wrote:Hi all - my Wife tried something new while pulling out the new EX from the garage this AM and accidentally scraped against the wall which left some significant white scratches on the driver's side front bumper panel.
I'm curious about something else...

Do you have the Cameras and Beeper/Sonars on your Car ?

If you don't, do you wish you had ?

My Wife can't live without them, now.

yustonuser

LOL - we have em. Sure wish they were used in this case

yustonuser

So great news all - my wife actually read that she could use nail polish remover to get the paint off and it totally worked! It isn't scratched (a small minor one if you look closely) and the rest was white paint that came right off!

So all is ok - now let's keep it that way!

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Glad to hear you got the paint cleaned off easily! Welcome to the group!

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”