Scotty Kilmer mentions recall on 2021 Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

The second row seats not welded correctly.

Craftsmanship still in the crapper I see. :facepalm:

Frzninvt
Car: 2021 AWD Rogue SL w/Premium Package
Champagne Silver

Your just jealous because you don't have one. :naughty:

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Personally, I'll be jealous by year 3 when all the bugs are out. Y'all new-model buyers are a brave lot.

casperfun

I have a Rogue, albeit not new. :slap: :chuckle:

Their okay. I’m an old fart and the only thing I don’t like about the new ones are all these driving aides. In my day you would know how to drive. By the time you need so called technology, a person should not be driving anymore. :nono:

Maybe a Tesla perfected 50 years from now, I’ll let drive, but I’ll be pounding dirt by then. :domo:

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

casperfun wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:15 am

Their okay. I’m an old fart and the only thing I don’t like about the new ones are all these driving aides. In my day you would know how to drive. By the time you need so called technology, a person should not be driving anymore. :nono:

Maybe a Tesla perfected 50 years from now, I’ll let drive, but I’ll be pounding dirt by then. :domo:
I'm with you on most of that, Casper, but even today, the average self-driving Tesla is way less dangerous than the average self-driving, texting, lane-wandering, mis-educated snowflake with an 8 millisecond attention span and Bell Jet-Ranger parents. They should probably mandate Lane Departure and Forward Emergency Braking for everybody born after the first smartphone.
:crazy:

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

VStar650CL wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:37 am
I'm with you on most of that, Casper, but even today, the average self-driving Tesla is way less dangerous than the average self-driving, texting, lane-wandering, mis-educated snowflake with an 8 millisecond attention span and Bell Jet-Ranger parents. They should probably mandate Lane Departure and Forward Emergency Braking for everybody born after the first smartphone.
:crazy:
Put those imbeciles in a Tesla and here's a sampling of what you get...
Tesla owner keeps using Autopilot from backseat—even after being arrested
Tesla driver slept as car was going over 80 mph on Autopilot
Tesla with Autopilot hits cop car—driver admits he was watching a movie

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I'll simply point out that it all makes the Tesla much smarter than any imbecile with his seat set on permanent-recline. Unlike the non-driving-driver, when it hit the cop, that last Tesla made an honest mistake.
:rotfl :rotfl

Frzninvt
Car: 2021 AWD Rogue SL w/Premium Package
Champagne Silver

Agree totally on all the nanny aids not a fan at all. I trust my driving skills not all the electronic wizardry.

casperfun

Actually, put the imbeciles that tail-gate and swerve changing lanes w/no signals in a self-driving autonomous mode Tesla any day. No problemo. :dblthumb:

The only issue with Tesla’s other than those stated above, is that you get no-cost cremation services when they catch fire. Saves on funeral expenses. :werd:

D1dad
Car: 2021 Nissan Altima SR
2018 Nissan Rogue Midnight
2009 Nissan Altima SL

casperfun wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:15 am

My 09 has no safety anything features which to a new driver is today’s stick shift. My almost 16 yr old son will learn how to make a lane change by looking in the mirror and not listen for beeps and flashing lights. My 23 yr old daughter, albeit scary as hell, could drive a stick shift in an emergency.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

D1dad wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:57 am
My 23 yr old daughter, albeit scary as hell, could drive a stick shift in an emergency.
+1

My 28 year old daughter, too. I made her learn a creditable handbrake 180 before I even let her out of a parking lot. No Jet-Ranger in this driveway, and I've always been glad of it. ;)

casperfun

Another good about stick is that it's anti car jacker. :bowrofl:

https://money.yahoo.com/manual-transmis ... -192000313.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

casperfun wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:21 am
Another good about stick is that it's anti car jacker. :bowrofl:

https://money.yahoo.com/manual-transmis ... -192000313.
I wouldn't second that. My buddy had his S2k stolen and stripped all of its parts. But for most thieves, sure its a great anti-theft system, but then nothing beats analog security (steering wheel lock, kill-switch, door locks w/ alarm).

NinjaBiscuit
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum AWD

Is it correct that the affected vehicles are those made in the US plant? Not the ones made in Japan, i.e. Platinum trim?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

NinjaBiscuit wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:27 pm
Is it correct that the affected vehicles are those made in the US plant? Not the ones made in Japan, i.e. Platinum trim?
If you mean the back seat tack-weld recall, I believe that's correct. I'll check in ASIST tomorrow and make sure.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The bulletin doesn't specify VIN's, so I have to assume it can be from any Nissan plant. Here's what the recall is looking for if you want to examine the welds for your own edification or to allay your own concerns. If you get a recall notice, you should still take it to the dealer to have the recall processed even if the welds are fine.

Look at these tethers, behind slits in the fabric on the backs of the rear seats:

NTB21-060 Tethers.png

You're looking for the "rainbow" around the tack welds indicating the weld was heated enough to be strong:

NTB21-060 Welds.png

D1dad
Car: 2021 Nissan Altima SR
2018 Nissan Rogue Midnight
2009 Nissan Altima SL

A product of pandemic manufacturing no doubt. Seems everything I’m buying lately is suspect. I needed a needle attachment for my grease gun for some ball joints. Picked one up from advance and the manufacturer forgot to drill the dam thing. I ordered “new calipers for my daughters Dodge Journey and 2 of the 4 showed up as remans from Chrysler. Installed new tpms sensors from Amazon and 1 is defective. My own fault on that one trusting cheap sensors. I’m holding out for the new frontier but fear I’ll be the test subject on a new model and may decide to wait.

Return to “Rogue Forum”