scored oem windshield

1965-1971 Datsun 521 forums. All 520 and 521 topics and discussion can be found here.
gkring

new in box from Nissan dealer. Shipping is costing almost as much as the glass to get it to me, but it is new old stock. Apparently an employee of the dealership was into these old trucks and had a couple windshields laying around in the box. He sold off his trucks and they put the glass back into stock. Luckily one of the online dealerships ran a locater for me. Called them up today and bought it. Insured the hell out of it and hopefully it will arrive in one piece. Last one, the other one was already sold and headed to California. Perserverance pays off. Now I need a right fender!! Not to mention every seal and gasket on the truck.

Greg Kring

71-521

Great score! I had them try to locate me one not too long after they put in the locator service...they found 3 but when it actually came to finding them, they either weren't there or were broken...

what did it run you?

Victor Laury

Was this a Nissan dealer in Louisiana, Near New Orleans? i spoke to the parts man last year. 

gkring

Yes. In Baton Rouge. Cost me $250 in shipping and the glass. More than I wanted to spend, but the other choice was shipping in 35 year old used ones at a cost of $100 at least by the time it gets here. Then hoping they were decent.

Greg

Victor Laury

Congratulations! you just bought THE LAST Nissan stock 521 windsheild on the North American Continent!

A-B,a,b,a,b,a,b,a That's All Folks!

zombieDatsun

Hey folks! I'll get to a proper intro later,but.....Speaking of front glass, the first time I went to pullapart here in nashville,TN they had a PRESTINE! 521 with PERFECT front glass and almost perfect everything else!Except the passenger door and some other minor parts were missing. At the time, my 521 was on someone else's property(long story) and I couldn't really work on it, and I didn't have anywhere to put another, SO I had to let it pass me by. A week later, it was GONE! Now,I kick myself in the arse everyday when I look at or think about my truck. SO many parts were on that truck that I could've used! I would inquire about it, but I think I'd run into a dead end or it might have went to the crusher....In any event, my front glass is broke in a place or two but I could still run it for a while....where should I start my long search for a good one? I thought about using a piece of 1/4" plexiglass(not legal but who's asking?   ;)    )and then heating it with a heat gun to bend it to shape...Oh and check out my profile and whatnot at StreetSourceMag.com(same name!)[img]http://streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?Profileid=29221[/img][img]http://streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?Profileid=29221[/img] if you're interested in PICS and my plans. I also have a owners manual(minus the cover) that I'm willing to post or send to anyone who is interested. In conclusion, I'm glad this site is around and I look forward to watching(and helping!) it grow for a long,long time!

Return to “Datsun 520 / 521”