Scheduled maintenace

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
nycrogue
Car: Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hi,

I'm approaching 3,000 miles (driven over a period of seven months). I had one oil change at 1,500 miles (after three months) and no other maintenance. Do I need to do any maintenance at 3,000 miles or every X months? Is any type of regular maintenance covered under warranty? Do I have to bring car to the dealer for stuff like differential fluid check/change to keep the warranty valid?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

There is very little maintenance for the Rogue, just follow the maintenance schedule that came with you vehicle and you'll be fine, there isn't really any secrets to it, or ways to improve on it unless you want to consider synthetic motor oil.

shavimusha
Car: 2008 NISSAN ROUGE SL AWD / 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA GXE

i only change oil every 3000 miles that 3 moth or 3000 sounds like dealer scam if i do not use car and i only drive 3000 miles every 6 moth what is going to happen to oil ? unless you live somewhere with very bad weather conditions i think 3000 miles would do the job

anchises868
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S

I agree with you, because it takes me five months or so to get to the 3750 mile service recommendation, but I don't want to possibly void my warranty by NOT getting it every three months like they recommend. We're kinda SOL on that front, I guess.

philipa_240sx

There is another similar thread regarding low mileage and why you should follow the 3 month oil change interval:

zer...ather

nycrogue
Car: Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Thanks for the link. That's a useful thread.How about regular check ups recommended in the manual? I think the first one is at 3750 miles? Are they really necessary? Do you know what can invalidate the warranty?

Is there a specific oil which is good for the Rogue?

shavimusha
Car: 2008 NISSAN ROUGE SL AWD / 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA GXE

I don’t think oil change can void warranty if you change it every 3000 miles instead of every 3 month but not sure I will check with dealer or Nissan or will actually read warranty info one day when I am bored ))) I don’t think there is any specific oil for each car or specially for Rogue if you want to spend little more go for synthetic oil and it actually comes out same price because synthetic oil lasts for 7000 miles in most cases as I know

Return to “Rogue Forum”