SCCA AutoXing an Altima Hybrid

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
ohionah
Car: 2007 Altima Hybrid

Posted this in the Hybrid forum first but it's dead over there...

NICO Newb here,
I've had my Altima Hybrid for a couple of years now. It's a 2007 Navy NAH. I see all these posts about lowering, etc the NAH and just wanted to say that I autocrossed my NAH this passed weekend at an SCCA event. I ran H-Stock since they didn't have a class for the NAH which a fair class. You can have R-Comp tires and upgraded brake pads. My NAH is bone stock (stock brakes and Continental tires) and I took 5th out of 10. Missed 4th by .16 seconds. The only people that beat me had R-Comp tires. I took 2nd overall in the Novice class based on my PAX time. 2nd time I've autocrossed ever...hehe

Drove 100 miles to the track, did 5 autocross passes, placed well in a hybrid, deflated some egos, and drove 100 miles home....all on a 1/4 tank of gas.

LMAO...Love it

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

ohionah wrote:Posted this in the Hybrid forum first but it's dead over there...

NICO Newb here,
I've had my Altima Hybrid for a couple of years now. It's a 2007 Navy NAH. I see all these posts about lowering, etc the NAH and just wanted to say that I autocrossed my NAH this passed weekend at an SCCA event. I ran H-Stock since they didn't have a class for the NAH which a fair class. You can have R-Comp tires and upgraded brake pads. My NAH is bone stock (stock brakes and Continental tires) and I took 5th out of 10. Missed 4th by .16 seconds. The only people that beat me had R-Comp tires. I took 2nd overall in the Novice class based on my PAX time. 2nd time I've autocrossed ever...hehe

Drove 100 miles to the track, did 5 autocross passes, placed well in a hybrid, deflated some egos, and drove 100 miles home....all on a 1/4 tank of gas.

LMAO...Love it
That's awesome. Safe to say "mission accomplished".. :bigthumb:

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

Congrats man! I like turning heads and deflating ego's in my truck too ;)

jdrop
Car: 1992 ST 240sx
1995 SM Panda

I'm pretty sure 99.9% of hybrids are in HS. Since they're specifically excluded from any of the Street Touring categories, I'd think any modification beyond stock limitations would bump you straight to SP, if not SM.

Congrats on a good finish :)

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”