Scariest Track moment

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Thought it might be fun to share some of our scariest moments on or off the track.

My scariest moment was at Lime Rock in a Formula Dodge. It had stopped raining and the track was drying. I was blazing down to the downhill turn (onto the main straight) with 2 guys right behind me. I hit a puddle at the apex and spun, I put both feet in and locked up the wheels. There's nothing like the sight of looking thru the white tire smoke straight at the guys right behind you. I ended spinning into the freshly mowed infield at the front of the main straight. No damage. Of course since the infield grass was wet, The car and I got completely covered with grass clippings. when I drove the car into the pits, the starter looked at me and said, "so, you gotta mulch attachment for that thing?" Lotsa chuckling that day.

Later that night, my friend (who witnessed my agricultural excursion) had his wife phone me at my hotel room in a sultry voice and asked for "John". I said there was no one here by that name. Then she said "I'm looking for John....Deere." Oi. I got stuck with that nickname for quite awhile.

skylndrftr
Car: 07 Versa S / 2010 Ariel Atom (pending...)

karts...

I get an amazing start, jostling for the lead the entire way down the front straight at summit (which is loooooooong) get bumped going into turn one spin 180 and then watch the entire field coming AT ME as they all scatter past on the left and right

n00b240
Car: '03 6MT

Id have to say the scariest track moment was my first auto-x bout 5 years ago hit a patch o sand, that didnt get cleaned from the track and went nuts on a 270 degree spin, scared the **** outta me

Scariest street day? I currently do not live in the US right now, I was rollin on the downhill on a rainy day the other day, drivin a fwd kia rio. The downhill grade started gettin steeper and car started goin faster, so i applied some light brakes...

Yeah insert flame here, but holy cow, my nuts fell off. 360 degree spin with traction gained back once i reached 360. The cliff looks much clearer once you hit 180 degrees. Just a dose to make you wish you were born a woman....

crackler
Car: ZOMG JDM TYT3

I never really had an scary on track moments, but I have only been on a track once, so my experience is limited. The closest thing I had was a little bit of pad fade going into a right left at HPT, and an FD shoving it's nose half way up my car in the middle of shican right before the back straight at HPT. That guy had WAY more power than my pos 240, and my suspension was all stock (later found out LF shock was slightly bent, and LR was venting fluid externally, hooary KONI). One more corner was the passing zone, now you can go. . . d!ck.

And I never really have had any scary autox moments as well, lots of spins and what not, but nothing scary.

I did almost get killed while making a left turn the other day, by some moron that was doing easily twice the speed limit. then got pissed when "I cut him off", yeah he followed me after he spun in the middle of the intersection. It helps, if you see a car turning in front of you, to slow down. . . BEFORE you get him, not as you are about to hit him.

turtl631
Car: S14

During an open lapping day at Gingerman, I went into a corner a bit too hot and start spinning as soon as I turned in. I went off the track into the grass, past the apex and back onto the track, and then backwards off the track into the grass on the other side, creating a giant dust cloud. So I'm sitting there covered in dust, trying to restart my car, and a boxster comes flying out of the dust cloud right at me, but luckily I was off the line so he didn't hit me. Open lapping days are some scary **** if you've never been to that track before

91rs13
Car: Nismo 350Z
Datsun 510

Dodge Ram 1500

Scariest moment on the track --Driving my brother in laws American Sedan Camaro thorugh the uphill at Lime Rock --cresting the hill and the steering wheel comes off the Quick release (I always pull on the wheel before I leave the pits now)--No crash--I was able to keep it straight and slow down enough to get the wheel reattached.

Scary #2 --I was ice racing a few years back ( frozen lake & race cars for those of you who have never seen winter)--I tagged a snow bank with the rear of the car, spun --big white out and tossed around. I am trying to steer, but no response--All I can hear is scraping noises ( I thought is was a fan)--turned out I was on my roof, going down the straight. --now the scary part was after I dropped out of my seat--all I can hear are the open exhausts coming around again --and the doors will not open---I ended up kicking out the rear window ( plexi/lexan window)

With the 240 --Damp track, Downhill at LRP--pull out to pass, get on the gas a little too much and the rear end steps out in a big way---lot of comments about how fast the car was that day ( love a turbo on the track)

sworxx
Car: 95 Nissan 240SX S14

Wasn't really scary, kind of a wierd experience but rolling at the NASA Nationals at Mid-Ohio. In a way it was kind of fun, but now it is scary for the wallet to build another race car.

sensibleS13driver

^^ winner

EazyBreazy

#1 the first time i got my go cart up to full speed (1/8 mile dirt oval, racing cart, age 10)

#.5 sliding sideways at a tire lying flat on the ground, hoping i didn't flip, knowing i was gonna, and secretly hoping i didn't land on my head. age 10

sprintman
Car: 1992 240sx vert 1989 Porsche 944

i race mini-sprints in my spare time and i was going through the corner with three wid (me in the middle) and no one's givin up there spot so i get cliped and roll about two or three times. scary and sort of fun at the same time but a tillte shakin up after that

P.S.-got to buy a new 300 buck wing for the top after that

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”