SCAMMER ALERT: Baller Bolts

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Beejis60

On 1/4/12 I placed an order through this guy's site for multiple things; a lot of stuff he sells for 240s, Z33s, GTRs, and Evo's. According to the site, it would be shipped via USPS priority mail. To date, some 20 days later, nothing has been received. Of course, I attempted to call at least three times, all of which go directly to voicemail and his voicemail box being full everytime I've called. So I emailed him two or three times, the most recent being of threats of fraudulent credit card charges and reports to forums about his incompetence as a business. As promised to him, he has still not responded to me, therefore I have no choice but to warn you of this scammer business. I will be updating once my credit card company makes contact and resolves this situation.

Hoffman5982
Car: '95 sr20det 240sx

After waiting almost 6 months, I chuckle to myself at the amount of people complaining about waiting less than 3 weeks. Hope this turns out to not be a scam

PANDAemic
Car: 89 S13 Hatch CA18DET

Hoffman5982 wrote:After waiting almost 6 months, I chuckle to myself at the amount of people complaining about waiting less than 3 weeks. Hope this turns out to not be a scam
6 months for what???

krash
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Convertible

His wiring harness I think.

Sucks about the bolts man. Hopefully this dude gets back to you

OutToWinPAHC
Car: 2015 Silverado, R33 GTST, R32 GTR, RB20 E46 RHD, 2015 Harley Vrod Muscle, 1990 Nissan Patrol

Paypal dispute but it's only been 11 business days (MLK day)

Beejis60

Hoffman5982 wrote:After waiting almost 6 months, I chuckle to myself at the amount of people complaining about waiting less than 3 weeks. Hope this turns out to not be a scam
Jesus, sounds like Chase.
Anyway, I like the card I placed the order with will only dispute fruadulent activity to either 45 or 90 days old; either way, I like to be proactive with my money. Secondly, I don't mind waiting if the dude responded to my email or actually had a working phone number that doesn't have a full voicemail box. It's 2012... is it really THAT big of a hassle to write a 5 second email response through your cell phone?
OutToWinPAHC wrote:Paypal dispute but it's only been 11 business days (MLK day)
'I didn't pay via paypal and I think theirs is something like 2 weeks business time?

Appreciate the support guys.

Hoffman5982

Woops, that's why you don't post when you're half asleep.

I waited 6 months for my coilovers. I waited about a month and a half for the wiring harness

OM3GA
Car: A Sexy Mobile, 1993 Nissan 240sx 180sx Hatcher

Ryan Hampton, and the rest of the guys who run BallerBolts are not scammers at all.

What you have to realize is that they are getting bolts that there is not an extremely high demand for. These items are great but the popularity and amount of people who care enough to buy titanium is not high enough to have every single size and style bolt in stock.

I myself have spoke with Ryan on the phone numerous times. If you call and try to get ahold of him, you will probably reach is voicemail box which is typically full.

They definitely fulfill each order but the time it takes from the order date to receiving the product is based solely on availability from their distributors and take a few weeks at least to even get in stock.

They definitely are not scammers though. They get quality hardware from other countries which is why it takes so long.

Try emailing [email protected] or [email protected] to see if either can answer any questions.

Hope this helps.
I agree dude. I have waited 6+ months for items that i then found out were unavailable. I have also waited 6 months for items to come in, numerous times for builds i have done. It is worth it in the end.

bladetech8
Car: S13 Hatchback

OM3GA hit the nail on the head.. :biggrin:

Ryan and the crew at Baller Bolts are all legit guys for sure! I've ordered all my titanium hardware from them and sometimes I'll receive something in a week and sometimes it will take a little over a month.. It all depends on their stock and availability.. Give him a few more weeks to get back to you on your order or ship it out.

allenms240
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX

Be that as it may,

I feel waiting that long without any sort of contact is bad customer service. I mean, just as the OP said, a short, 2-second email just to say they are busy would suffice. But after countless phone calls and emails, I would be suspect as will.
11 days? 11 days. No contact.

bllabong89
Car: 1995 s14

I waited something like a month and a half or so for axle bolts and bolts for my suspension arms from Ryan @ Baller Bolts. Although he warned me a few weeks in that there was going to be a wait, I will say that it was perfectly fine to wait a bit longer for the right product.

Like Omega said, these aren't some bolts from home depot. These are quality bolts that aren't needed often. That being said, they are worth the wait and I would personally do business with them again.

I truly hope you get some response from them and get the product that was promised to you. I know it may be hard but give it time and it should work out.

93240guy
Car: 93 240SX SE

Any word? I also placed an order with them, somewhere in the middle of january. Been trying to contact them since i've seen this. No luck.

Beejis60

He responded by email, eventually, telling me to call him. Then came on to my Ziliva Scammer Alert thread as well... Didn't help his image by acting like a s***.
So I called him at the number, left a voicemail. Few days later, called again, no answer, left another voicemail. A week later, called again, left another voicemail. Asked him on Zilvia why isn't he responding to me, no answer. Emailed him, why can't he call me back to seriously take less than one minute of his time. Claims he never got my calls, which is s*** because I still have my call log, I checked to make sure the number was correct twice before each call, and then again after I left the voicemail to make sure it was correct. He said in the email that he wasn't getting my calls, then said his number again, it was the same number I was calling, so either he's incredibly stupid and mistyped his number twice in the exact fashion, or was ignoring me. But STILL he didn't address my questions.

Finally after being fed up with everything, I did some legal digging to find out that he's currently in violation of three laws of the Fair Credit Billing Act as governed by the Federal Trade Commission. 1st, it is illegal as a business to charge for items and not send them. 2nd, it is illegal for a business to charge your credit or debit card before shipping the items, if the charge was placed on a Mastercard or Visa card. And 3rd, it is illegal to have a product on your site with incorrect specifications... Being that his specs for his bolts are listed of 10.9 metric grade, whereas he claims they are 12.9 metric grade. All of these are illegal and give impetus to credit fraud... I therefore went forth with fraudulent charges through the card company and will not drop the case until items are received, and then I will think about whether or not he deserves it... especially after being a douche on zilvia then ignoring be behind the scenes of zilvia.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

I know Ryan, and I'm pretty sure he's not a "scammer".

However, I'll say this: If you're going to put yourself out there as a businessman, you had goddamn well better deliver. No one cares how busy you are. No one cares that you're inconvenienced. And no one cares that it's "hard to get" the product.

The point is, you're taking money in exchange for a product. DELIVER IT in a timely manner.

I can guarantee you that I'm equally busy (if not more so) than 90% of the people in the industry, yet my customers come first. Despite my schedule and responsibilities (which would make most people under 35 cry), I state a delivery date, and then I make SURE it's met.

I don't know (or care) how they do business on the "little forums", but here, we're straight-up and no one hides behind the Administration. So, feel free to discuss openly, without fear of censoring.

Ryan, handle your business, brother.

dre1507
Car: Some boring Lexus that's currently at home with a smashed mouth (crashed).

Well spoken, Greg. If you have taken my money, and a situation arises that prevents you from filling my order in a timely manner, YOU should be the one trying to get in touch with me. Not the other way around. No matter how legit your business is, poor customer service will only feed the competition.

Beejis60

I agree with both of you above.... it doesn't matter how many bros or whatever you have here or what you've done in the past, the fact that he's either avoiding me or just taking his sweet ole time because something is out of stock and other stuff is mislabeled on his site is the most annoying to me. And of course, sitting on my money without letting me know whats going on.

Hoffman5982

You are acting like a little fu**ing baby.

I understand you are impatient and don't like waiting, but how many times do you have to be told that these are made to order to get it through your stupid little head that that means it will most likely take a while?

Decide whether he deserves it or not? You realize that you are technically threatening to not pay him right? You realize that's theft right? You really expect him to now send you your precious little bolts now that he knows he most likely won't get paid for it?

Calm the hell down and grow up. Jesus christ.

Beejis60

Hoffman5982 wrote:You are acting like a little fu**ing baby.

I understand you are impatient and don't like waiting, but how many times do you have to be told that these are made to order to get it through your stupid little head that that means it will most likely take a while?

Decide whether he deserves it or not? You realize that you are technically threatening to not pay him right? You realize that's theft right? You really expect him to now send you your precious little bolts now that he knows he most likely won't get paid for it?

Calm the hell down and grow up. Jesus christ.
First of all, you wanna call me a baby? okay... I wanna see how much you cry when you spend $100 of your mommy and daddy's money and you don't receive s***. Then you wanna say I'm a thief yet the guy that is f*** me around is cool to hang on to my almost $100 and not send product or at least, a 5 second email about stuff being backordered and just giving me a heads up?

First of all, according to the Fair Credit Billing Act, he is performing at least three illegal actions. I am fully within my rights as a consumer to pursue credit card fraud. And the man has already been paid; it says so on my statement... January 4th, he collected my money and has not sent anything. In the obvious case you didn't read, that's one of the very first illegal activities written in the Fair Credit Billing Act that he, as a business selling products, is under no circumstance legally allowed to charge me money until he sends the item or items. Acknowledging the fact and notifying him that he is operating his business outside of the Fair Credit Billing Act is not threatening, it is letting him know he is doing illegal s*** and if he continues to do illegal s***, he will likely get caught.

Thank you for bumping my thread though.

Hoffman5982

Mommy and Daddy's money? No. Once again, grow up.

In the obvious case that you didn't read my posts, I waited nearly 6 months for $1200 coilovers. You're upset over a measly $100. Did I cry and become an impatient twit over it? No. It sucked, sure, but life went on. It's just a car. Anyone that gets this upset over something so minute really needs to organize their priorities. You act like this is a life or death situation.

I read your pointless posts. I especially like the part about companies having to ship you something before actually taking your money. You realize if they followed that they would be scammed to high heaven?

He did collect your money, but if you'd learn to read you would have seen on his website and on this thread that his sh** is made to order. A full blown retard would be able to grasp the concept that that means that what you are paying for is not yet in stock and has to be made before being sent to you, and therefor will take a tad bit longer than usual.

When you do get your sh**, I seriously hope you realize how poorly you handled this situation. You have acted like a child from the minute you pressed "send payment" and they didn't magically appear in your lap. Congratulations

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Hoffman5982 wrote:In the obvious case that you didn't read my posts, I waited nearly 6 months for $1200 coilovers. You're upset over a measly $100. Did I cry and become an impatient twit over it? No. It sucked, sure, but life went on. It's just a car. Anyone that gets this upset over something so minute really needs to organize their priorities.
Just because you waited doesn't mean that should apply to everyone.

I'm easily older, more mature, and have more responsibilities than 90% of the people on this board. I sure as hell wouldn't have waited 6 months. That's dandy that you did, but you can't hold others to your personal standard (including me - another "impatient twit" :rolleyes: ).

If people DIDN'T demand accountability, there'd be more scamming as well. A customer requesting a simple update isn't too much to ask, and if Mr. Hampton was in this thread, I'd tell him that as well.

Unless you're directly involved with the transaction, your opinion, while appreciated, is irrelevant.

Hoffman5982

There's a difference between holding people accountable and completely slandering their name, as is the case here. You can't honestly say that this tools is handling this in a mature, proper manner.

And I'm not expecting everyone else being ok with waiting that long. He's asked on this thread and on zilvia for people to come talk to him when they waited as long as he's waited. He acts like he's the only person in the world that has been through this.

As I'm sure you don't visit the enemy site, you may not have seen this. This is Mr Hamptons response on 1/25
I feel I have a right to step in here since we are being accused of

A) Scamming someone,
B) Having no knowledge of fastener material
C) Lack of contact.

Beejis60 - I have attempted to contact you both via email and phone regarding your order. Here are the specific emails I have sent you and the dates:

Sunday 1/22/2012 9:39 pm
William,

Sorry for the delayed response. We are waiting for a new order of M12-1.5 jetnuts to come in. We have the rest of your order ready to ship, and we can ship the rest of the order out now and ship the M12-1.5 jetnuts when they arrive. Please advise.

Regards,

Ryan Hampton

Sunday 1/22/2012 10:37 pm

William,

Are you sure you need M12-1.5 and not 12-1.25 Jetnuts? Just asking since there are no M12-1.5 on a 240.

Regards,

Ryan Hampton

Subject: Re: Order #1810

I have already submitted to my creditor for fraudulent charges as of Saturday night, as promised, and don't expect to cancel until this situation is rectified.
I cannot wait for the jet nuts; I needed these before this year started and waiting any further is just wasting my time. Moreover, I have already located a US supplier of these and have them in my possession quite awhile ago.
As for the rest of the order, I am concerned with your advertised specs of the grade 12.9 fasteners of the yield strength, being 970 MPa on your site, as they are below the minimum specs required for a 12.9 grade fastener, of 1100 MPa. Unless you're confusing proof strength and yield strength, which is in fact 970 MPa for a 12.9 fastener, then I will need to cancel this too as I am paying you for 12.9 grade fasteners, not 10.9 grade.
Lastly, yes, I'm aware that all S chassis vehicles have 1.25 metric thread pitch.

William

Called Left Voicemail at 5:30 PM CST

Tues. 1/24/2012

William,

So being Grade 12.9 again, do you want me to send you the rest of the order and cancel the M12-1.5 Metric jetnuts? I have also left you a voicemail message yesterday. As for fraudulent charges, we never did defraud you. You did place an order. A fraudulent charge means we got your credit card number and then charged it without your knowledge and this was not the case. Please call me at ***-***-****. That is my cell number.

Regards,

Ryan Hampton

As far as my knowledge of materials, I have backed up everything I have said and DEF you have yet to prove me wrong as I remember the specific discussion on NPR. I have quite a long history of fasteners and know a few things about them. I am not going to go into this conversation again.

As for our dealings with customers on Zilvia, we have sold to several members on this board with and without delays. Several of the kits we offer are not off the shelf pieces. They usually have to be machined, custom made, or otherwise.

Now as for the lack of communication, I was out of town last week and arrived home Sunday when I received Williams email.
He did give an update. He has contacted this guy numerous times telling him he's still waiting for the jetnuts

AZhitman
Administrator

Again, it doesn't matter if anyone else has "been through this".

I don't disagree that the "scammer" label is premature, I'll give you that.

But if a business KNOWS that there might be a 30+ day delay, then it should be specified. I tell my customers there's an 8-day turnaround time on our exhaust systems. If we're going to take 10 days (for whatever reason), I email the customer. Then again, I respond to EVERY email and answer my phone calls 90% of the time, and return voice mails 100% of the time.

AZhitman
Administrator

...and, if RH emailed him to ask if his order was correct, then yes, William has some explaining to do.

Beejis60

Again with not reading my posts.... I said he made contact with my via email and then on zilvia. THat was it. It wasn't until I had brought up info about the Fair Credit Billing Act that he FINALLY got ahold of me after about 10 days of not returning phone calls, emails, questions on the ziliva thread AND PMs.
As for if the order was correct, the order was in fact correct and I responded to him accordingly with no acknowledgement, however you need to look at the dates: 3 weeks AFTER I had placed the order and it was one week to get that response from him after I told him I filed fraudulent charges. Meanwhile, I also noticed that his specs on his bolts were that of 10.9 grade but he advertises them as 12.9 grade. Then I asked him directly, which are they.... that took over a week or two to get answer through multiple emails and phone calls. I BCC'd myself every single email I sent him and have every single email he sent me. There are far too many to quote. The entire account is at Ziliva.
Main reason being, if they weren't 12.9, then I wouldn't buy them and the only reason I bought from him is because he was/is a nissan enthusiast and I'd rather support small business than large corporations, even if it cost me extra. Also, that statement can be found on Zilvia, so go ahead and make all the accusations you want of my lying, but in the end, I have absolutely ZERO reason to lie. He is doing illegal s***; truth. He is being lazy and not responding to me; truth. He took over a week to get back to me on my original inquiry; truth. He never answered his phone when I called both the business number and personal number; truth. He did not respond to me on Zilvia other than those two or so replies; truth. Those emails he copied and pasted appear to be 100% authentic; truth.

AZHitman, and I'm sure there's a disclaimer on your site or somewhere noting you have an 8 day turnaround on those exhausts, which is fine by me. But I was never notified of anything, once again.

badbob2121
Car: 92 S13 Hatch ELLIS JUAN, 12 Mustang GT RTR

TL DR

But am I the only one that calls the company/distributor before ordering?

Hoffman5982

Beejis60 wrote:Again with not reading my posts.... I said he made contact with my via email and then on zilvia. THat was it. It wasn't until I had brought up info about the Fair Credit Billing Act that he FINALLY got ahold of me after about 10 days of not returning phone calls, emails, questions on the ziliva thread AND PMs.
As for if the order was correct, the order was in fact correct and I responded to him accordingly with no acknowledgement, however you need to look at the dates: 3 weeks AFTER I had placed the order and it was one week to get that response from him after I told him I filed fraudulent charges. Meanwhile, I also noticed that his specs on his bolts were that of 10.9 grade but he advertises them as 12.9 grade. Then I asked him directly, which are they.... that took over a week or two to get answer through multiple emails and phone calls. I BCC'd myself every single email I sent him and have every single email he sent me. There are far too many to quote. The entire account is at Ziliva.
Main reason being, if they weren't 12.9, then I wouldn't buy them and the only reason I bought from him is because he was/is a nissan enthusiast and I'd rather support small business than large corporations, even if it cost me extra. Also, that statement can be found on Zilvia, so go ahead and make all the accusations you want of my lying, but in the end, I have absolutely ZERO reason to lie. He is doing illegal s***; truth. He is being lazy and not responding to me; truth. He took over a week to get back to me on my original inquiry; truth. He never answered his phone when I called both the business number and personal number; truth. He did not respond to me on Zilvia other than those two or so replies; truth. Those emails he copied and pasted appear to be 100% authentic; truth.

AZHitman, and I'm sure there's a disclaimer on your site or somewhere noting you have an 8 day turnaround on those exhausts, which is fine by me. But I was never notified of anything, once again.
Either you aren't reading what I'm typing or you aren't capable of comprehending it. Either way, you have now repeated the same bs about their grades. We got it the first time. We more than understood the second time.

The point still stands:
I'm sure that if you are patient you will get exactly what you ordered. You can't expect something that is made to order to ship the very next day. It just isn't possible. He has contacted you. You tried to come in claiming he has never said a word but the fact is he has. You proceeded with the name calling and just being an all around douche. You've obviously never dealt with a needlessly irate customer. Sometimes it's just easier to stop repeating yourself to someone who doesn't understand and go on about getting their order fulfilled and move on with your life. You need to calm down with this entire situation. All you are doing is making it worse. I'm not trying to be condescending any more, ti's just the way it is. There is nothing neither of you can to to have your jetnuts made from scratch quicker

Hoffman5982

Actually, I have a better idea. Why don't you just cancel your order? Wouldn't that make it easier on everyone?

Beejis60

Hoffman5982 wrote:Either you aren't reading what I'm typing or you aren't capable of comprehending it. Either way, you have now repeated the same bs about their grades. We got it the first time. We more than understood the second time.

The point still stands:
I'm sure that if you are patient you will get exactly what you ordered. You can't expect something that is made to order to ship the very next day. It just isn't possible. He has contacted you. You tried to come in claiming he has never said a word but the fact is he has. You proceeded with the name calling and just being an all around douche. You've obviously never dealt with a needlessly irate customer. Sometimes it's just easier to stop repeating yourself to someone who doesn't understand and go on about getting their order fulfilled and move on with your life. You need to calm down with this entire situation. All you are doing is making it worse. I'm not trying to be condescending any more, ti's just the way it is. There is nothing neither of you can to to have your jetnuts made from scratch quicker
Where did I ever say I was expecting the shyt to ship next day? Go ahead, point it out, I'll wait.

I never said that he NEVER contacted me. NEVER. He has taken a week, sometimes more outside of the responses on Zilvia which were something like two consecutive days, however he did not respond to emails or answer my phone call/call me back during those two days. Like I said, you're just not reading so don't make up stories...
Strange isn't it? I'm repeating my answers to you and you keep repeating the same story and you're still not comprehending, but hey, it's cool. Perhaps you just don't get the fact that the guy has zero motivation respond to me within a few days unless I start bringing up something will cost him paperwork or money.
Hoffman5982 wrote:Actually, I have a better idea. Why don't you just cancel your order? Wouldn't that make it easier on everyone?
lol he can't respond to me in a situation where he's to be making money, however you think he's gonna respond to me when he's not making money?
It's become apparent that his best boy or nut rider or something, so sticking up for him in the case(s) where you dealt with him has absolutely nothing to do with this current case; white knighting is not needed. I get it, you love him in some fashion, that's fine, whatever. Remember when Chase was selling stuff to people? Then he scammed a ton of people? Then he restarted actually delivering product again? It's the same type of situation. His bros stand up for him, and the people that were scammed are left telling their stories yet no one wants to listen since they all have prejudged ideas. Making the whole arguement of 'be patient, it will come' has zero weight with him taking at least one week to answer a simple yes or no question.

You have now convinced me that I will continue forward with the credit fraud, whether the product delivered or otherwise. Maybe he will learn something from all this.

badbob2121
Car: 92 S13 Hatch ELLIS JUAN, 12 Mustang GT RTR

^^just stop dude, quit being a douche and get over it. There is more than one way this could be resolved with alot less drama

Hoffman5982

Why should he have any motivation to talk to you? Read the bull sh** you are posting and answer me that. He has put forth the effort. Whether or not it's to your standards as far as timing is irrelevant. He tried and you have acted like a complete douche from the beginning, so yeah, I'd ignore the hell out of you as well.

I have never bought anything from him or even spoken a word to him for that matter so there is absolutely no bias here.

If he sends you your product where is the fraud? Do you even know what fraud is?

Return to “240sx General Discussion”