Saying So Long

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
meanie
Car: G37, EX35

After 5 years or so I am moving on automotively, not because of any problem with the EX, which I still love, but family accommodation. My daughter graduated college and needs a reliable car during a gap year, while our 2001 Highlander with 227k miles is not up to the task anymore. Financially it made more sense for me to get a new car and pass my paid off EX along to her than to buy or rent her a vehicle. So the car does stay in the family. Picked up a loaded Rav 4 Limited hybrid today, which has some amazing tech, but is a better match for my age than my spirit. My only regret is I never had a chance (or a safe place) to wind the EX up to 125 MPH or so. Oh well. Maybe I'll get it back if she can't keep it at Med School.

ca18det_boy

At least its staying in the family and you can still take it for "maintenance"

XIS
Car: 08 EX35 RWD
17 QX30 Sport

so sad...
I just got mine to 110-115 on the way back from California on Friday.. It seemed like 80 mph and there was a lot more power to go...and I still had people pass me. :O

Jaymes
Car: 2017 QX50 BEAST WAGON

Rav4? Congrats on the new car but that seems like a step back to me

meanie
Car: G37, EX35

Jaymes wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:45 am
Rav4? Congrats on the new car but that seems like a step back to me
The tech stuff is a wash since my EX didn't have the tech package; the RAV doesn't have mirrors that focus down on backup, but they do have signals in them and blind spot monitoring, it doesn't have adaptive headlights, but they are LED and have auto high/low beam, there is no jukebox or power passenger seat, but there is adaptive cruise control, lane assist, cross traffic alert and pedestrian detection. The rear seats don't power fold down, but the lift gate is automatic, the headrests drop at the touch of a button, and it is actually quicker to fold down the rear seats. The interior certainly isn't as plush, although I would say the pleather seats are comfortable, there is far more room in every direction, more storage in front and of course far more cargo room. It actually has a tow rating! The RAV is more of a genuine SUV (or CUV if you will), but it cannot compete with what is essentially a raised luxury sport hatch for acceleration, handling, or...well...just plain fun. You don't have the sense of exclusivity that you get with as uncommon a car as the EX as you will see a RAV, in the same color even, multiple times a day. You don't have to restrain yourself from punching the throttle when a punk kid in an Accord is hanging on your tail since you are unlikely to outrun him. The RAV has different virtues, and my wife is a happier passenger, and my wallet is heavier after leaving the pumps. But when alone on a curvy road on a moonlit summer night there is no question that I'd rather be piloting the Infiniti.

Jaymes
Car: 2017 QX50 BEAST WAGON

I'm sure the newer car is nicer. Things are tighter, the tech is newer, etc. I guess there is a sturdy place for these FWD crossovers since they are becoming more capable, and handling is as good as you'll need for its purpose. They are also getting larger and the cars within the SUV segment are becoming less unique and more broad and general

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”