Saw this in another thread, thought it was interesting.

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
85NAPSZ
Car: '85 Nissan 720
'90 Toyota Corolla

When and/or how did you come across your 620/720/etc.? Just thought it would be interesting to hear some of the stories.

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

mine was a friend of the family's.... when i was 15 i wanted a car so that i could drive when i turned 16... i bought the 720 from them

it was either the 720 or a honda accord.... i'm happy i took the 720

85 720

Bought it used a long a** time ago. It's roots started out in Austin Texas but ended up in Central America. I believe I'm 3rd owner. It's definteily more useful down there than here in DC. I have a Jeep here and I barely take the thing off road. The 720 doesn't see pavement as much as it did in the States. I just thought the truck was capable. I was right.

85NAPSZ
Car: '85 Nissan 720
'90 Toyota Corolla

Awesome. I went to a weekend event at my church where we had to stay at a host home and our host had a little 720 parked in the back of his driveway. Well, I thought it was a pretty sweet little truck, and I figured I'd ask him about it. After weeks of negotiation and talking, I went over to take a better look at it and he literally gave it to me that day. It wouldn't crank and had minor surface rust, which was all fixed by new vac lines, a new battery, a new power steering hose, and a little TLC. Basically, I got a straight body, solid engine, 170k mile 720 from the original owner :naughty: Now it's been my daily driver for about a year now, and I'm going into my senior year of high school.

JoeCool6972
Car: 1980 Datsun 720 pickup

I had been looking for a cheap truck for about a year, got tired of trying to haul stuff in the car (especially trash...yuck) or borrow someones' truck. I needed a truck badly, but a third car payment was impossible. I had also owned three Nissan trucks in the past and liked them. The lowered 94 I kept for seven years and 110,000 miles, all but 5 of which were put on by me!

I work at a Chevy dealer as a technician. In January one of the parts drivers drove this truck to work one day with a for sale sign on back... 1980 Datsun 720 pickup: $750. Fugly thing too. Butternut squash yellow/ gray primer, peeling chrome, peeling moldings, busted passenger mirror scraping the door, rust holes, surface rust, filthy like it hadn't been cleaned in decades, ripped seats, dryrot of plastic in interior, etc, but it ran great, only 140,ish miles. I road tested it and put it on the lift and decided I wanted it. The price was very good for the condition. Just had to wait on tax refund. Well, tax refund got blown on unexpected expenses, doctor bills, tires for wife's car, $500 worth of parts to fix wife's car, etc. Fast forward to late June. He drives it to work again, I thought he surely had sold it by then! I bought it July 1st.

I love this little truck. And it has become a hobby to keep me busy fixing it up.

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

I bought My truck for $900 with 116,000k approx miles.

I bought it from the grandson of the original owner who got it as a birthday gift.

Once he realized it wouldn't be ideal for towing his track car he threw it up on CL.

I don't like trucks really, but I liked the idea of having a 4x4 to haul crap and take paintballing. When ever I figure the damn charging issue it will probably mostly haul dirt and wood and random people belongings and hopefully some motorsets.

dreadsiren
Car: nissan 720 1982-1985

got my 1st 720 as a 18th b-day gift from my mom, she found him for 500 at a yard sale (been parked in the tweeds for 3 years) she asked if he could hold it for a day so she could get to the bank and he just gave her the truck! that 85 became an obsession and I now have 3 nissans (82-84)... but due to breaking parts I am making one super truck :) my 85 is the one I am siting on in my avatar

Return to “Datsun Chat”