Saw my first 2004 Maxima today!

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

I was taking my mom out to dinner tonight and I was at a light when I glanced at my rear view mirror. I did not recognize the car behind me at first and did not think anything of it until my eyes found thier way to my side view mirror and I saw a familiar headlight! Then I looked again in my rear view and recognized the side mirrors. It was confirmed what it was as we pulled through the intersection. I slowed down so the lady driving it would pass me so I could get a better look. Well pass me she did, a quick lane change and fly-by in typical Maxima fasion! I had to turn into the shopping center where we were eating so I had to slow so I did not as good a look as I wanted to. It was kind of a gray/pewter/metalic color and it had the regular moonroof, not the Skyview. I can't wait to drive one of those or at least have a chance to really look at one closely!

greg_atlanta
Car: 2008 G35 Journey Sedan, silver/black (no sunroof), 1992 Q45 (in a past life)

I sat in a 2004 6 speed SE model today to check headroom with sunroof (still kinda tight, looks like Skyview will have more room).

It's not perfect, but it nice and a little more roomy. Interior materials are Altima-like, but I guess there's no reason for the interior of the car to have a longer useful life than the rest of the car.

Only gripe is that radio volume knob is kinda small.

daniel240
Car: cars/motocross

i work at a nissan dealer and got to drive them about 3 weeks ago, i like them a lot. i think they kind of look like a cadillac in the front. and i like the sunroof.

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

ha, i saw my very first one in person today on the road, blonde haired mid 40s lady driving a dark blue one, i gotta admit, i dont think they look anywhere near as sporty as the older maxima, but look very luxurious, i like the exhaust too, dual "twin" tips, nice accent, they're kinda growing on me, i still cant get used to the new accords tho!, i wish i could, i hear they're really quick, atleast the 6 i mean, and of course, honda claims its faster, but every magazine in the world thinks differently

daniel240

nlzmo400r wrote:ha, i saw my very first one in person today on the road, blonde haired mid 40s lady driving a dark blue one, i gotta admit, i dont think they look anywhere near as sporty as the older maxima, but look very luxurious, i like the exhaust too, dual "twin" tips, nice accent, they're kinda growing on me, i still cant get used to the new accords tho!, i wish i could, i hear they're really quick, atleast the 6 i mean, and of course, honda claims its faster, but every magazine in the world thinks differently
their not bad, about the same as the older ones, except they did come out with a v6 6speed close ratio manual, which is the first ever v6 6speed accord. it is sweet. i like the new accords a lot better than the old ones, especially the coupes.

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

i dunno, they're growing on me, but id take an altima in a sec over one, id take the 4 over hte accord 4, and the altima 6 over the accord 6, to me a 6spd tranny is just a lil much in an accord ya know, hell hte spec v has a 6spd, and to me thtas about 1 too many gears

daniel240

oh of course, id take a nissan over a honda any day, i really dont like honda at all, the only honda i really like is the s2000 and that shouldnt even be considered a honda.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”