Save my 1996 Infiniti J30 ftom the junkyard! Good parts car.

The place to buy or sell Infiniti cars and SUV's!
Mean Machine
Car: 1996 Infiniti J30

My 1996 infiniti J30 has become too much of a maintenance burden for me to keep her any more. There are only about 130k miles on the clock, but there are a fair few ongoing problems. Knock sensor's out, there's a bad speed sensor in the tranny, the radio display doesn't work, three tires have dry rot issues, the paint isn't great, there's body rust on one of the rear fenders. There's probably more. But she has a good heart, and would be a treasure trove of almost impossible-to-obtain parts as a donor car, including a coveted driver's side door latch assembly that's nearly new. In fact, the package includes a whole extra driver's side door that I bought just for that latch assembly.

Anyway, I've found the Black Beauty's replacement, which means that the old girl must go. I'm afraid that means the scrapyard, which would make me truly sad. I would much rather this beautiful car found new life as either a project car or at least a parts car for a dedicated J30 fan. I'd take $500, just a bit above scrap value. She's located in Louisville. KY, and the buyer would be responsible for either picking her up or arranging transport. She runs fine (for now), but I don't know that I'd recommend a long road trip home.

Don't let this rare classic get crushed into a cube! PM me today! Deadline is Saturday 8/7. I'll be happy to supply pics if there's any actual interest, but I didn't want to bother if nobody cares. This is a hail mary and I know it, but I'd be disappointed in myself if I didn't at least try. Thanks for reading.

-Mean Machine
Last edited by Rogue One on Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: CLOSED

Mean Machine
Car: 1996 Infiniti J30

Sadly, there was no last minute reprieve, and my poor Black Beauty has gone to the junkyard. If only the tires were still good I could have at least sold her as a running concern to somebody, but nobody was going to buy a car with so many troubles and then immediately drop another $400 on tires. Ah well, to every thing there is a season. RIP, my Beauty, and may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.
-Mean Machine

Return to “Infiniti for Sale”