Save circuit "Le Mas Du Clos" (France - Europe)

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
pooky74
Car: 350Z 280HP Silver

Hello,

I launched this petition to save the mythical circuit "Le Mas du Clos" wich had been closed after a decision of State Council in December 2010.

http://www.classicandperformancecar.com ... ewsletters

Please, if you're a track or a motorsport lover, sign this petition and ask you're friends to do it too.

To sign it you have to put a french zip code. You can use "75000" it's Paris's zip code. And put your country (or town as you want) in comments.

We had 17.000 signs in 6 weeks !! When I will have 20.000 signs I will contact first minister François Fillon who is suppose to be a motorsport lover.

For those who don't know the Mas du Clos here a nice video where you can see circuit, with a part of Ferrari collection bulding of Bardinon Family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvjIM_Ky9IE

Feel free to ask for any questions.

Thnx

Angie

Translation of petition (thnx to SuzukiSteve on visordown.com for translation)

Petition against the closure of the Mas du Clos circuit

FAO: the prefect of Creuse

Following a ruling of the Council of State dated December 15 2010, Monsieur Patrick BARDINON has been ordered to cease “asphalt-based” activities on the Mas du Clos circuit (in Creuse, département 23).

Information obtained from moto-net.com - (http://www.moto-net.com/actualites-moto ... Clos-.html)

For those who haven’t been round it, a description of the track is unequivocal: "the Mas du Clos is one of those circuits with track action that has not been ‘sanitised’; it is known for being technically challenging, but also for the emotion that it arouses - a mix of respect and apprehension”, said the people in charge of the track.

Closed for some months in 2007 and in 2008, the Mas du Clos circuit had resumed operations in 2009; its owner thought that the "open pit lane" sessions were not covered by the technical regulations and safety requirements stipulated by the FFM and the FFSA.

Consequently, "On 31 August 2009, the private circuit of Mas du Clos (in Creuse) engaged in proceedings before the Council of State in order to challenge the scope of public powers conferred by the state to sporting federations with delegated powers”, states the FFM.

But the Council of State has just indicated, with a ruling dated 15 December 2010, the “open pit lane activity" is indeed within the remit of the FFM and the FFSA and that it must be regarded as falling within the scope of article R.331-35 of the sporting code"... (End of quotation)

Whether you use the track or are simply a spectator, you cannot let this legendary circuit, created by a passionate family of sports mechanics, be closed without acting!

At a time when repression on the road is becoming stricter and stricter in order to save lives, authorities and administrations are increasingly suffocating fans of motorsport who ask for nothing more than to live out their passion in a controlled environment and away from public roads.

Activities at the Mas du Clos circuit are orientated towards leisure and never host any competitions. The FFM and the FFSA cannot require it to have infrastructure and a track withy of Formula 1. The modifications demanded are dictatorial and the costs are exorbitant. Who will pay for it to be carried out? The regional council? The state?

Just like Spa-Francorchamps and the Nürburgring are threatened, let’s defend out French circuits, in particular the Mas du Clos with its superb hilly track, so rare in France !!!

And whose turn will it be next? Charade, because the walls are too close to the track? Bourbonnais, les Ecuyers or Lurcy-Levis because of the noise? This is why we suggest that you sign the petition addressed to the prefect of Creuse, at Guéret prefecture, with copies being sent to the mayor of Aubusson, the administrative court of Limoges, the Minister of Sports and the management of the FFM and the FFSA.

Dear Sir,

I am addressing this petition to you in order to make you aware of the future of the “asphalt” circuit of Mas du Clos. ???I do indeed say future because I cannot believe that a prefecture could allow a leisure facility such as Mas du Clos to be closed, a facility which generates important revenue for
for retailers and hoteliers / restaurateurs in the region without generating environmental damage.

Beyond the financial aspect is also out of respect for the passion of motorsport of all the people who came that we should not close the circuit. I myself participated with my vehicle at events organized by automobile clubs. All this happens without these clubs draw a profit but just to share a passion in a dedicated and secure.

At a time where repression road becomes more and more strict in order to save lives, Authorities and Administrations asphyxiate growing motorsport enthusiasts who want to live out their passion for open roads.

This support action at the Mas du Clos circuit, and Mr. Patrick's Bardinon
owner is and will be conveyed on canvas and other media.

I count on your action, so that the circuit reopens its doors for the happiness and safety of motorists and motorcyclists.

Please accept, Mr. Prefet, my sincere greetings.

Cordially

Angelique AUCLAIR

pooky74

I translate the form

direct link to petition

http://petitionpublique.fr/PeticaoVer.aspx?pi=MDC2010

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

The circuit looks beautiful and challenging, though I can see there are some areas where the runoff is minimal. I'm curious, what improvements and their estimated costs is the Council of State pressuring Mssr. Bardinon to make?

pooky74

in fact Council State didn't ask for improvements. They just said that FFSA (sportcar federation) and FFM (sportbike federation) have authority to say what transformations it is necessary to make. And federations are asking Mrs Bardinon transformations for a F1 Champion ship !!!! We're talking about 2 or 4 millions of Euros. Whereas the circuit is exploited only in free day without competition.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

pooky74 wrote:in fact Council State didn't ask for improvements. They just said that FFSA (sportcar federation) and FFM (sportbike federation) have authority to say what transformations it is necessary to make. And federations are asking Mrs Bardinon transformations for a F1 Champion ship !!!! We're talking about 2 or 4 millions of Euros. Whereas the circuit is exploited only in free day without competition.
To demand a small private track owner upgrade to FIA F1 standards just to host some private events seems unrealistic. This is why I'm asking for details on what those suggested transformations are. There seems to be more to this story.

Return to “The Sports Bar”