Sattelite Radio

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
craigv
Car: 2007 Versa

Does anyone know where you can get the receiver and antenna other than the Nissan dealer? They want $500.00 parts and labor to put this in. I know Grubbs Performance has them for other models, but Versa isn't listed yet.

Thanks!

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

I, on the other hand, AM looking for the Nissan OEM kit... did you get part numbers? My local Nissan dealer said they can't order it yet...

If you have them, I want the kit numbers for the XM kit.

craigv

No, I didn't. They called to verify whether they could get them or not though, and said that they had them. If I go that route, I'll post the part # for you.

penpen-commander

the part numbers don't even exist yet.they haven't made a versa accessory catalog through nissans catalog yet.

Ever Victorious

http://www.courtsyparts.com/versa/interior.html

OMG... if this is true, the Maxima and Versa share the same kit... and the parts are sub-$300.

(I think I'll give them a call in the morning to find out for sure...)

Edit: They confirmed the part numbers they listed as being for the Versa, so I ordered an XM kit (tuner, bracket, antenna). It should arrive next friday-ish.
Modified by Ever Victorious at 8:36 AM 8/5/2006

XterraVersa
Car: Nissan Xterra & Nismo 350Z

Well it makes sense to not reinvent the wheel with every car. Wonder if the head unit wiring is the same also?

craigv

Thanks for posting the link!

Kermee

Are the installations instructions available somewhere for the XM kit?

Cheers,Kermee

Ever Victorious

According to the description of the items, no. I'm having my kit put in by the dealership while I have it in for the dent pull on Wednesday, so Thursday I should be able to look at the car and give you at least a little more info (i.e. if there is an obvious place that they mount the bracket/tuner)

gr81

Does anyone have a picture of the radio with the display on while on an XM or Sirius station?

Ever Victorious

Will be able to take a pic Thurs or Fri...

cireecnop1
Car: 2007 Toyota Touring Prius w/Package#5

craigv wrote:Does anyone know where you can get the receiver and antenna other than the Nissan dealer? They want $500.00 parts and labor to put this in. I know Grubbs Performance has them for other models, but Versa isn't listed yet.

Thanks!
just curious, does the versa have to have two antennas on it one for the am/fm then another for the satellite or does the black one that is on the roof work with the satellite also? just curious i dont really want my car to have two antennas on it that might look dumb especially if they arent the same. thanks

penpen-commander

2 antennas.however, i do believe that the xm/sirious antenna is roof/window mounted.by that i mean it's not a rod-like-antenna.i'm confusing.

Ever Victorious

The stubby antenna is for AM/FM. I haven't seen a second antenna (is there one in the rear glass? It didn't look like it...)

When I bought my XM kit, there was a separate antenna, the small cell-phone like one.

I should have it installed and back (with other new spiffy mods) tomorrow... so I'll tell you/show you what it looks like.

For those that are interested in XM, I have part numbers:

Bracket - 999U9-1T000Antenna - 999U9-VS000Tuner - 999U9-AS005

All 3 parts are required, and you must have an SL with the convenience package in order to hook this stuff up.

Sorry, I do not have part numbers for the Sirius kit (though the bracket is the same, the antenna and the tuner are not).

electech
Car: '02 Explorer Limited, '03 Escape Limited, '07 Versa SL HB CVT, Convenience group, splash guards, flo

How is the XM working out? I am thinking of using your link and ordering this. Do you know where in the rear that the unit mounts? How much is installation. What do Nissan dealers get per hour?

Ever Victorious

I didn't install the unit myself, so I don't know exactly. I was told somewhere near the left taillight. My nissan dealer charges $105/hr.. you might want to see if a local stereo shop will do the job for less.

I got my dealer to do it for 1 hour labor, but they said next time they will charge two hours.

It is working out quite well, though. I love being able to mix presets and change between preset channels on the wheel.

karmandrew

I am confused as to what is provided by the convenience package. It says that the car is pre-wired for satellite radio, does this mean I need to get off my cheap backside and get the dealer to install the antenna and we are ready to go. (I already have a Sirius subscription but there is no way I trust myself to install my radio!!)

electech
Car: '02 Explorer Limited, '03 Escape Limited, '07 Versa SL HB CVT, Convenience group, splash guards, flo

With the Convenience group, you get pre-wire, you just need to buy the XM or Sirius tuner module, the antennae and the mounting bracket. These three run a little less than $300 at the dealer and install was quoted as 1.5 hours at my local dealer at $80 per hour. So, you are looking at around $420 plus tax. The pre-wire means the dealer won't have to run any cables and the radio has the controls for the satellite built in.

Ever Victorious

Without the convenience group, you have to use a dash-mounted plug-in module such as a Roady or SkyFi, still have to run an antenna... or if you want your head unit to have built-in tuner control, you have to get a whole new aftermarket head unit, tuner, and antenna.

craigv

I ended up just getting a second plug and play unit for mine. I didn't feel like spending the $450+ to get the parts and install. A clean install took about 20 minutes. If I was a little less cheap than I seem to be getting in my old age, I think the factory set up would be the way to go. I would love the integrated controls that you get with it.

voltronguy
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL Super Black

I'd love to see pics of your install if you get the time!

Ever Victorious

There are 3 reasons I went for the factory kit...

1) I don't like having to remove the magnetic antenna every time I use a car wash. Hence, the factory's permanent-fixed antenna was perfect.

2) I love my wheel controls. I hate in my wife's Tucson having to reach all the way across the console to change channels.

3) I know with how low the dash is in the Versa vs. the Tucson, my wife's knee would take out a plug-and-play unit at some point.

Return to “Versa General Chat”