Satellite Radio and DVD stopped working after dash disassembly by mechanic (not me!)

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
billsacto
Car: 2006 M35

Hello,

I hope someone can help shed some light, but I think my mechanic shot me in the foot!

The mechanic replaced my power steering control module with a used one he acquired from a salvage yard since they are back ordered at Infiniti. The repair seems okay- no complaints there.

But when I got the car back, the satellite radio function didn't work. No channels are shown. I looked it up in the manual and it looks like the antenna may be unplugged? Not sure? It seems the antenna plugs into the Navi Control Unit #107.

Also, the DVD player won't play, even though as required- the car is in park with parking brake on. I see the parking brake "on" signal also goes into the Navi Control Unit #64. I'm not 100% sure that the DVD player stopped working at the same time. I haven't used it in quite a while. But it seems suspicious since both signals plug into the Navi Control Unit.

Wondering if the mechanic left some things unplugged?

I really appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks!

Bill

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Hi Bill,

I think you're on the money. He didn't plug something in. I would go back to him (nicely) and ask for him to re-check his work.

EdBwoy

Any idea what this power steering module looks like? If you have pictures, those will help.

I am trying to figure out what it is, because the Y50 model doesn't have anything I'd refer to as a power steering module... then I don't see how any of the other major modules would necessitate dashboard disassembly.

What was the original issue he was trying to fix?

billsacto
Car: 2006 M35

Yeah, I have no idea what this guy was doing. Should have brought it to the dealer. He has now had it an entire another week and no word what he's doing.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

When my dash was replaced for the air bag recall, the car drove as if the park brake was activated. The acceleration was much slower than normal, and when coasting, it would slow quickly as if I was gently braking. The steering wheel took about twice as much effort to steer. I didn't even take it home cuz I was sure they left something undone. Sure enough they said it was a steering module / sensor and it was not reconnected when replacing the dash.
If this mechanic can't work out what he did wrong, you might need to take it to the dealer and pay them to fix his mistake - and the mechanic should reimburse you for your expense.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”