sat in an o4 spec V

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
nlzmo400r
Car: cars

well i was at nissan today (for only the 3rd time this week) and noticed they just got a new o4 spec V in. She was black, with BEAUTIFUL bremos (make a huge visual difference, and probably much better performance as the older spec's brakes were known to overheat) and the 17 wheels are gorgeous as well, the back does look better than the o3's IMO, but the front, uggh, that black maxima grille just kills it, the headlights dont look mean anymore, and on the interior side, all is good, basically the same as the last one, except the guages........boy are they plain, black with a dull white numbers and a very pale red...redline area?, if u have ever seen the guages on the exterras or regular sentra's, same thing, hidious IMO, the other's looked much better, o, and the stick on this one was 19,8oo, the o3 spec v which i liked better (except for the brake/wheels rear end.......which i must add is very subtle changes) was stickered at 17,6oo

UncleBen
Car: '05 G35 Sedan Sport, '98 240sx LE auto, '95 240sx SE auto,

I would rather have the '03 and just upgrade to the Brembo's or something. I dont like the front facia as well either.

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

95silviase wrote:I would rather have the '03 and just upgrade to the Brembo's or something. I dont like the front facia as well either.
What ben said!The 02's are sweet also!

;)

nlzmo400r

well the o2's and 3's are the same thing i believe, i dont think theres one change in between them , or is there?

jEzTeR

Very little..The 03 come with Yellow as an color and the seats and doors on the 02's are lava-The 03's are grey and black.

Some people had some trouble out of the early 02 Spec v's also.IMO the late 02 is the best to get unless you want YELLOW .

nlzmo400r

well i wanted silver if anything, although they did look good in yellow, but i figured less attention from cops=better and less tickets

jEzTeR

Yeah I wanted yellow and silver was my 2nd choice.I'm really happy with the silver.It looks awesome clean and even with some dust on it as long as the wheels/tires and windows are clean.I checked on the powdercoating and its only going to be about $80 per wheel so when I need tires i'm going to get that done.I think the gunmetal look will flow real nice with the rest of the car.

GELLIS2586
Car: 2006 IS350 / previously 1997 240sx se pearl white

I was lookin at an 02 about a year but i didnt get one due to the fwd and 4 door sedan look. Id get a wrx or evo but theyre awd and fast as hell. But those are the only japanese sedans id get now if were an m5 or mercedess e55 id be all over one.

nlzmo400r

jEzTeR wrote:Yeah I wanted yellow and silver was my 2nd choice.I'm really happy with the silver.It looks awesome clean and even with some dust on it as long as the wheels/tires and windows are clean.I checked on the powdercoating and its only going to be about $80 per wheel so when I need tires i'm going to get that done.I think the gunmetal look will flow real nice with the rest of the car.
gunmetal will look great on your wheels, also, i didnt mind the look of the 4dr spec v, i would like to see one in a 2dr tho, i think it would be very interesting

jEzTeR

GELLIS2586 wrote:I was lookin at an 02 about a year but i didnt get one due to the fwd and 4 door sedan look. Id get a wrx or evo but theyre awd and fast as hell. But those are the only japanese sedans id get now if were an m5 or mercedess e55 id be all over one.
I looked at the WRX but the extra 10k changed my mind.Back then I had to drive about 800 miles a week for work and I didn't think that an AWD Turbo was the right car for that.Now I have a comapny car to drive and was considering the turbo thing again.I have since decided that some mods on the Spec V would be just fine.;)

nlzmo400r

so the g2o is gettin put off??, and also, wat car did u talk your company into giving you??

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

The 03's also had a different transmission than the 02's. It has slightly taller gears too.

And where did you hear the old spec's brakes are prone to overheating? I've had them on a track day for 8 hours with probably an hour and half of full blown track abuse and they never faded with stock pads even.

Oh, btw, some may not know this, but the 04 QR sentras use a lambda O2 sensor (basically a wide band) which allows the car to run in closed loop even at full throttle. I think this is the next step to the government taking over our lives. Next thing ya know, they will want to do emissions testing at WOT.

nlzmo400r

EZcheese15 wrote:The 03's also had a different transmission than the 02's. It has slightly taller gears too.

And where did you hear the old spec's brakes are prone to overheating? I've had them on a track day for 8 hours with probably an hour and half of full blown track abuse and they never faded with stock pads even.

Oh, btw, some may not know this, but the 04 QR sentras use a lambda O2 sensor (basically a wide band) which allows the car to run in closed loop even at full throttle. I think this is the next step to the government taking over our lives. Next thing ya know, they will want to do emissions testing at WOT.
SCC said (when testing the 8 great cars candidates) that they took the spec V and rsx type S on their favorite mountain road and although they both handled greatly by the time they were done the spec V brakes were cooked, and the rsx's were begging for more, i personally havent driven either one, so i dont know

and the wide band o2 sensor and all that talk, whats this mean, you're speakin a lil bit over my head there bro, could u please explain?

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

nlzmo400r wrote:SCC said (when testing the 8 great cars candidates) that they took the spec V and rsx type S on their favorite mountain road and although they both handled greatly by the time they were done the spec V brakes were cooked, and the rsx's were begging for more, i personally havent driven either one, so i dont know

and the wide band o2 sensor and all that talk, whats this mean, you're speakin a lil bit over my head there bro, could u please explain?

It means that instead of using a typical narrow band O2 sensor like most cars (which operates from like 14.6 to 14.8 A/F ratio), the car uses a sensor that operates from I'd guess about 8.0 to 17.0 A/F ratio. See, on any narrow band car, the car is in closed loop when the O2 sensor can read properly (14.6-14.8) and will match the proper fuel to the proper air to keep the A/F ratio exactly at 14.7 for better fuel economy. Closed loop happens during low throttle changes (such as on the highway), or at idle.

All other times a car is in open loop. This means that the O2 sensors are not monitering the A/F ratio the rest of the time, so it has no control over emissions. That is why at WOT, you can do a lot of "mods" to your car, make lots of power, and it's legal. There is no government restriction on ranges that your car does not monitor.

With the new O2 sensor, since it can read a huge range of A/F ratios, the only time it is in open loop is to start the car. Then, once the car is started, it remains in closed loop under ALL circumstances. That means, that even on a dyno, at WOT, the car is going to attempt to make a 14.7 A/F ratio.

*That* in itself is not bad. Because the closer you are to running 14.7 A/F ratio, the more thermal efficeint the engine is. However, the part that scares me is.....

Right now emissions test only are run at idle and at 2000 rpms in most states, because your car is garunteed to be in closed loop at those points where your car's emissions equipment are working. But if cars become standard with the wide band lambda sensors, then the government will be like "well, the cars emissions equipment should be working at idle, 2000 rpm, AND WOT." Then they will want to test at WOT. Which means you won't be able to mod your car, because it will need emissions testing, even at WOT.

Make any sense?

jEzTeR

Yes it does!Thanks Torry.Once again your knowledge has enlightened us! :thumbup

How much better is the 03 transmition?I would love a bit longer 1st and 2nd gear.LOL Its so fast that any good Honda(only happened once with a CRX w/ a b18 swap) with a 9k redline will pull on me in 1st and sometimes 2nd.I tore em up in 3rd though.:D

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

Yeah what Torry said!I just stand next to him and look like I am smart. I tried to follow your disertation. I think I follow. So when will the automatic cut off switches go in? So the government can shut off our cars without warning?

nlzmo400r

oo, i understand now, thanks for putting it in 'stupid people' terms for me torry, and Dane, tell me more about this b18'd crx u raced!!

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

I don't liek the new '04 spec v's. I really like the 2 model years previous though. I don't like the new front end, and I also liked the '02-'03 Spec's stock wheel combo better.

nlzmo400r

well my personaly preference off the o4 would be the brakes, other than that, gimme the o3

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

We went to the Infiniti dealership tonight and it was impressive seeing the Brembo brakes on the G35 Coupes (6sp MT).

nlzmo400r

Cold_Zero wrote:We went to the Infiniti dealership tonight and it was impressive seeing the Brembo brakes on the G35 Coupes (6sp MT).
when i was at the lake, i saw a beautiful black g35 coupe, it was veeery sexy, the brakes do set the car off perfectly, behind those almost gunmetal rims

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”