Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Forum dedicated to computer hardware and software, mobile phones and electronic gadgets.
timay
Car: white 99' infiniti i30t

Got this phone yesterday, it's a pretty sweet device with some drawbacks.

First off, this phone is huge, about as long a the Droid Razor but less wide...but it's super light.

The screen is pretty nice, pretty clear.

It runs Android ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich, 4.0....4.0.2 to be exact), everything is pretty smooth. Still figuring everything out. Runs pretty fast.

Now some bad things are that it wont hold on 4g lte for the moment and I only get 2 bars when I do have signal, although on 2 bars speedtest gives 14 mb down 7 mb up speeds, but it frequently hands off to 3g signal, and even sometimes has none. Phone reception is so-so, haven't lost phone signal yet, others have complained they did though. Battery life is pretty bad, heavy use at 100 percent brightness gets you 4 hours, I lowered brightness to 40, and on heavy use got just south 0f 8 hours of battery life. So getting an extended battery or having an extra battery is a must if you arent always near a charger and use the phone heavily.

Overall, I am pretty happy with what I got, but an update or 2 is going to be needed in regards to connectivity.

If any of you have any questions, feel free to ask.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Nice, when it comes to processing power, google dev phones always make me jealous. But since the Nexus S they haven't had trackpads, and they've never had keyboards. Neither of those are optional by my book. I'm also irritated that Google got rid of the Search button because it was "confusing people." Idiots. I use the crap out of my search button. With the soft buttons (home, menu, back) now rendered on-screen, is it at least possible to re-enable the search button through system options?

timay

Not that I can see, just a search bar on all of the home screens, that you cant delete...not that I have found anyway.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I just realized I confused the Galaxy Nexus with the Nexus Prime in my last post.

Still, very nice phone, and ICS has to be nice.

timay

Just rooted my phone today because I had some time, also threw a custom rom and custom kernal which brought me up to 1.4 ghz per core on this beast.

Need a few days to see what battery is like on this thing.

Return to “Computers / Electronics”