SAFCII idle/rpm readings issue

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

I just installed my SAFCII with Mike (navysnail).

Problem: I did the initial setup, turned on the car, ran great, except I had no RPM signal on the SAFC.

So we changed wires (as per some instructions on a B15 board, I was told to use pin 35 - ignition - for rpms, 32 is rpm signal, so we changed to that).

I emptied my settings, redid the initial setup, started the car, vroom then the revs fell to 0, but when I started, the revs spiked on the SAFC graph, so I had a reading.

So, a few starts later I get it to idle (revved it lightly, eventually, from what I can tell, the ECU relearned tps 0 as idle), but there is no rpm number or graphing going on the SAFC screen again.

What's going on?

edit: turns out we're still getting the rpm spike on ignition, but it won't read thereafter...
Modified by nametakennow at 1:53 PM 7/29/2005

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

Did you setup the HOTWIRE ,should be 6 in 6 out for stock MAF.

Also might need to adjust the Dec Air before starting as well.

Start with 1%Dec air 1- 1.5%Dec air 2- 2.5%

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

I'll take a look at that.

It took me a little while, but after going through the manual I figured out I'm actually HW-18 (this car's pinout matches mine, I forgot which pinout off the top of my head).

I'll check Dec Air.

However, the car starts and runs, the ECU re-learned how to idle. I just don't have rpm signal (or knock, I used to have knock, but when I changed RPM wires, knock stopped, I think that solder came loose, it was the roughest one) after the first fire of the engine in ignition - it'll pop up with my ignition rpm then show 0 on the SAFC screen, instead of idle or whatever revs I'm at. My guess is that in putting the white plastic cover back over the pinout area, I jangled the solders on the rpm and knock wires, which were the freshest and, at least in the case of the knock, the weakest.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”