SR20 - SAFC II tuning with 550s

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
dustyk

I currently am trying to get by running a SAFC with my 550cc injectors, Z32 MAFS, and GT2871R. The only thing that concerns me is the amount of fuel I have to take out on the hi map to keep the car from running ridiculously rich. I am taking out more than 30 percent fuel in the 4500-6000rpm range just so that I can run barely over 10:1 A/F ratio without bogging. My concern is that doing this is most likely advancing the timing and Im wondering if it can be too much and cause knocking. Knowing that subtracting fuel will cause my ECU to advance timing, I was thinking if retarding my base timing would be an option.Since Im running almost -20% across the board, I was thinking that if I retard the base timing, my car may run better Has anyone attempted this? I wanted to know if anyone has either ran a similar setup as mine without a standalone or ecu reflash. I want to get my A/F ratio above 11:1 cause the car is sometimes bogging, but Im worried that that taking out even more fuel with the AFC will cause knocking issues do to timing advance. Im guessing I could also get a FPR and lower my fuel pressure across the board

DeatschWerks

Most likely, since you are using the SAFC to tune both your MAF and larger injectors you are not effecting your timing much at all. You have to think about the way the SAFC (or any maf hack piggyback) works. All the SAFC does is is alter the maf signal before it reaches the ECU. To compensate for a larger MAF, it INCREASES the voltage signal to the ECU and to compensate for the larger injectors, it DECREASES the voltage signal to the ECU. Since you are running both a larger MAF and larger injectors, your ECU is not seeing much change in it's voltage signal.

So don't be afraid of taking out enough fuel to run the correct afr's.

make sense??

Return to “Engine Tuning”