safc help (please read first)

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
akira2_03
Car: 92 240sx and 92 pathfinder

k long story short my friend broke my wideband and wrecked my 370cc injectors. lets not go there.
anyways my 270cc are back in the car its a ka24det running stock everything now with t25 turbo but i need a safe tune to run my car on the safc. anybody know what roughly it should be at with 7psi boost level??

i got lo thr set to 0 all across the board but what should hi thr be set to? +3 to +6 max ???? without leaning out or running pig rich????? or if anyone still has their 270cc laying around and want to throw them in and find a safe tune with their wideband for me would be perfect to lol

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

I don't know of anything "safe" about a SAFC. I'd get a proper set of injectors back in there and replace the wideband.

In my experience, an SAFC is no better than guessing - and a good way to pop a good motor.

akira2_03

its all getting ordered, but its what i got to work with right now and need my car for work. so i need to get to work without blowing my motor

neverlift

unhook the wastegate arm...
I just gotta ask, what happen to the wideband and injectors? was it same time or what.

I dont care for innovative but they are only 179ish shipped new on the egay.

I am with greg on this one, everytime I started my car I had to make adjustments . I loved my afc setup but I never felt safe like with a rom tune, turn key and go beat it.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

The SAFC is unreliable imho, unless you're very familiar with tuning and can spend many hours tweaking all the settings. The FMU is SO much better if you're not boosting more then say 8 psi.

FMU or ROM tune is the only way to go.

akira2_03

im good at tweeking but need somewhat of a starting point for the 270cc then go from there. i dont have an fmu anymore so cant use that otherwise i would have. and tune ecu is the route im going but still need the funds then ordering it.
but need to get to work which is quite the drive away so need it to run or im screwed.

as for the friend lets just say when i was on my vacation he was screwing around with my car and trying to use my stuff on his car to test things and f*** it all up. 370cc broken from him trying to get them out of rail and the wideband im not sure how he messed that up. im pissed lets just say that. and i just got home 2 days ago
but like i said as unreliable it is using afc its all i got to work with and i need a starting point for hi thr setting thats all a safe point to get to work and back till everything gets replaced all your help is greatly appreciated as i hate running blind with no wideband and dont want to risk tuning blind thats why i would like a safe setting point for 270cc on hi thr.

neverlift

refer to previous post...
unhook wastegate.
problem solved no need to tune and a way to and from work.

no one on this site should give you that info because it is unsafe to boost on stock injectors, so do not do it...

sounds like your friend owes you about 250~300 bux.

akira2_03

yup he does, thanks ill unhook the wastegate arm

lexcrob
Car: I get a different ride faster than I could update this.

First off safc cannot be shot down as a bad thing. Tons of people run them and have no trouble am i not right. Shur they add fuel by tricking the MAF and in turn retard ignition timing. << this is what you want for a boosted set up. Im not going to argue FMU is a better way to go for low boost.

SAFC and FMU are on the same plain as far as "safe" and both are used all the time.

If safc is so bad to use why was they a rx7 in super street utilizing safc + the timing sitc for full fuel controll......made goobs of power?

SAFC in my opinion is just a really misunderstood device its very dangerous if you dont have wideband/possibly egt and reliable guages to spec form.

Information on "how to tune these is getting scary hard to find as rom tunes etc. become more available. Like eveyone already said they fine tune * and seem to work very well for this purpose considering at WOT most ecu's only referance (MAF,TPS,Coolant temp sensor)

I'd say it really depends on how the ecu will react and the only way to determine that is to have reliable guages (wideband specifically) to tell you what is going on. Greddy emanage is a great example is pretty much a big giant SAFC messing with all kinds of signals---this can again be dangerous but back to the guages and your good. Reliability .......honestly stand alones arent that cracked up to be - they are UNGODLY expensive $ did i say expensive. altitude calculations/ambient temp/partial throttle tuning...........

Im just sayin good luck read all you can and have dependable guages that really the kicker. An example of how aftermarket products get a bad rep. (walbro puts out 255lph right stock 240 90....why would it fail if you run it bellow 1/4 tank HEAT why in the world would you need one......you dont a much much better option would be dual parallel stockers)

lexcrob
Car: I get a different ride faster than I could update this.

today ecu logic's are getting way to advanced its really like retarted mind boggling just do with what others have done. The more the better FOLLOW the crowd!

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”