safc boost wire

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
oi138

Does anyone know where to hook up the boost wire on an s13 wiring harness? Anyone have diagrams?

thanksJames Poe

TruboostPerformance

Are you refering to the APEXi SAFC?? If so please fill us in on boost wire for a KA wiring harness? I do not belive the SAFC has anything of this sort, I wired mine in and looked at the KA wiring harness and have no clue what you aer talking about if this is in reference to the APEXi SAFC? The SAFC only has a few hookups, power ground, MAFS, RPM, and TPS, that is it...

oi138

Yes I am refering to the apexi safc. I think they actually refer to it as the manifold pressure wire. But it will read boost. refering to apexi's website. Its a pink wire.

James Poe

TruboostPerformance

Really? hmmm this is new to me, the SAFC is supposed to be hookedup by hot wire type on the 240sx.... you should be looking on page 43 in the SAFC manuel, and the first diagram shows how it should be hooked up, this is a diagram from APEXi themselves that shows how you should wire the SAFC straight into your 240sx...

TruboostPerformance

This is the link to what you need to hook up the SAFC to the 240, you also need to look on page 43 of the APEXi SAFC manuel and then look at the page 4 on this pdf file, it willl show you exactly what your ecu plug looks like N1 is the diagram you will need to follow.. Good Luck, sorry but the APEXi SAFC does not read boost, only the airflow signal from the MAFS, it on trips it out so you can run bigger injectors or stock and try to tune some with stock injectors and such...http://www.apexi-usa.com/produ...e.pdf

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

The "manifold pressure" wire is not what you think it is. It is for cars that don't have a mass air system with a flow meter but instead use a speed density system to measure air flow via a pressure sensor. This is why you can't fid a place to hook it up on your computer.

95_240sx
Car: My baby (car)

When you buy the AFC, it tells you every wire you have to hook together into the Harness, on Apex-i's website they have a color code chart for US version 240 wiring harnesses. Take a look aroudn on there.

Rick

kuddy
Car: Cars & IT

If it's any use for the 240sx, have a look at my website in the sig below. I've just written an install write-up on the S-AFC.:)

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”