Sadly, must go... goodbye all

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
CDNicecube
Car: 2010 EX35 Journey+Tech+Navi

Hi all

I have to say goodbye to all of you fellow EX-ers; I’ve been quiet for a while but lurking here when I had a few free minutes. What happened is I had to sell my 2010 EX35 as it was getting old and I needed something slightly more refine for my old bones, so I went with a Audi. Yes, I know about the German cars’ reliability issues, but my ex35 has not been the most reliable of late: I had to change my fuel pump 3 times now - ob]ver 6 years, due to some odd “crank but no start” symptoms, and it got my boy stranded at 1am I’m a strange part of town; I just was no longer trusting it, nor certain it would hold up must longer.

I learn a lot about the EX35 engineering over the last 8 years. Learned a lot from you as well and for that, thank you all.

I might come back to Infiniti in the future ! Cheers!

Icecube

Bocatrip

CDNicecube wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:34 pm
Hi all

I have to say goodbye to all of you fellow EX-ers; I’ve been quiet for a while but lurking here when I had a few free minutes. What happened is I had to sell my 2010 EX35 as it was getting old and I needed something slightly more refine for my old bones, so I went with a Audi. Yes, I know about the German cars’ reliability issues, but my ex35 has not been the most reliable of late: I had to change my fuel pump 3 times now - ob]ver 6 years, due to some odd “crank but no start” symptoms, and it got my boy stranded at 1am I’m a strange part of town; I just was no longer trusting it, nor certain it would hold up must longer.

I learn a lot about the EX35 engineering over the last 8 years. Learned a lot from you as well and for that, thank you all.

I might come back to Infiniti in the future ! Cheers!

Icecube
Icecube.....I totally understand your decision making and of course with the very little activity we get on this forum, I for one am sorry to see you go. I absolutely agree that once reliability becomes an issue with any car, it's time to move on. It is somewhat unusual for our Infiniti, the EX and/ or the G35 or the G37 to have reliability issues, but it can happen as they age. Yes, you probably are going to get a little flak going with a European car as they can be even more laden with reliability and expense issues. However, we wish you the best and hope you enjoy your new ride. Stop by when you get bored and let us know how you are doing. The best of luck to you....

sev
Car: 2010 Infiniti EX35

Sorry to see you go! Enjoy the new car!

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

Sad to see you go. Then again, I've been gone for a year and a half ;) .

I wouldn't worry too much about the Audi, at least in the earlier part of the car's life. I have heard that the brand in general has improved its reliability. Also, I think the 2010 EX35 wasn't quite as reliable as the '08 and '09 models for some odd reason. And I totally get you when it come's to losing trust in the car, it's the same reason we've moved on from our EX35.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience with the car.

CDNicecube
Car: 2010 EX35 Journey+Tech+Navi

Thanks all. I’ll visit from time to time, like NJ Guy does. I really, really enjoyed my EX35; easy to work on, smooth driver, looks great, practical too, and amazing on snow (with snow tires, of course). The Audi is a A5, but 2015. CR rates them as above average reliability (it is a rather ‘old’ model so they were able to work out the problems over the years); and I have a great Audi Indy.

But after 3 fuel pumps, i had it; the last one I changed myself (easy to do) but still.

nate2011
Car: 2011 Garnet Red EX35 AWD Journey

Travel in peace & safety. thanks for being here.

I am in the process of considering the replacement for the 2011 EX35.

Ours just passed 110K - has been one of the nicest cars i've had in the near 50 years of driving. It is at that age where I can decide to put money into it or just move on.

Much good luck with the new ride.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”