Sacrilage!

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
HIPCHIP
Car: Dodge Magnum

I know I'll probably be stoned to death for this question, but figured you guys would know the info.

Had a 75 Datsun 620 in '75. Want to get another 620 to relive my youth, but also like El Camino's (68-72). Hard to find any 620's in my area, and the ones I have found are late 70's models, so since I'm in Kalifornia, smog is definitely an issue with anything later than a 1975 model. El Camino's are all over the place.

Looking at parts availability, El Camino's have parts all over the place. Parts for the 620 seem to be more rare. I'd like to take the 620 motor and build it nice with some side-draft carbs, but don't want a race only non-reliable motor. With the El Camino I can drop in so many different motors.

Between the two vehicles, any recommendations between parts availability and costs? It looks like cost is probably about the same, but parts availability for the 620 would be a lot harder.

Thanks for any advice, and don't curse me too much.

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

The availability will most certainly be more prevalent for an el camino, but it is not impossible to make a 620 run on side drafts reliably. It may take a while, but no real big deal.

Return to “Datsun Chat”