S15 SR into S13 swap complete.

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
Tr0uble
Car: S13.5sx

Everything is working fine now after about 2 weeks time waiting on various small parts.

I converted the S15 wire harness myself to work with my S13 chassis.Heavythrottle failed to send me the s15 rear diff so I was left without a driveshaft and without a speed sensor which caused most of the delay.Over 2 months worth of delay to be exact. They refunded only $650 because they couldn't find me a differential for exactly 400 which was the most they wanted to spend. There was also oil in the compressor side of my turbo so hopefully thats just from shipping.

Custom driveshaft was sourced from one of our sponsors Shaftmasters.Excellent product I must say. If acceleration with an S15 swap wasn't crazy enough the aluminum shaft puts it over the top

They claimed it was an 8 hour wire job, but I completed it in about 2 hours.In that time I also converted the S13 tranny harness to work with the S15 engine.Engine oil was properly primed.At startup no check engine lights Other problems I ran into was with HT's custom hotpipe they sent me which was supposed to be bolt on had to be cut in 2 places. It was off by about 3 inches.

The speed sensor problem was solved by tapping into my abs sensor in my s13 rear end which was about 6 times the ppm of the stock 240sx vss.I used a Dakota Digital SGI-5c box to slow down the pulses and got to within +5mpg of actual speed. After following instructions using Cal Ratios I calibrated it to be dead on. Was confirmed by both a Pacer test and roadside radar.

If anyone has any wiring conversion questions don't hesitate to ask. I'll try to help.

redtop91
Car: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Start

Tr0uble
Car: S13.5sx

redtop91 wrote:
Sorry no pics. Swap is still not presentable. I got wire ties and dirt, grit, grime everywhere.

It's a daily driver so when I get time this weekend I'll give it a good cleaning with some purple power. I also need to dress it up a little with some wire loom.

drmerdp

Good work.

iwantasileightysr
Car: 91 rps13

hey man im about to throw the s15 motor into mine also. i had a redtop but im sick of those unreliable engines. so i was wondering a couple things. alright i am using the 5 spd redtop trans with it so i dont have to do the driveshaft and the speedo box. alright i was wondering if i could use my redtop harness on my s15 motor being that it is already converted to my chassis. will i run into problems? if so what. thanks man i wanna feel the power of the s15 too!

sroyland

Hello.. I`m a boy from norway ho just have made an s15 swap into s 200sx s13... I have ordered the dakota digital sgi -5, but I`m not sure how to wire it up.. do you think you can help me?

dnlx5
Car: 91 240sx s13 hatch 5speed sr20de (crashed but still driving)

hey man u wana sell that 6 speed? also trouble you said you used the s13 abs sensor. your s13 had abs? or did you grab one. or did you end up using the s15 hear end. i want to do the 6 speed and hlsd on mine and its really hard to find an s15 pumpkin

Acuratechva
Car: Black Kouki

hey Trouble, i got a quick question please pm me or email, your email does not work. i'd really appreciate it if you could get back to me Thanks!Al

low91240sx
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX LE/2005 Nissan Altima

Nice work bud gotta hand it to ya

XenoVibe

I want to do an S15 conversion with a 91' 240sx. I was just wondering where you got the S15 Core Support from and did you use an S15 Bumper Retainer aswell?

anyways goodjob on the conversion

Tycar
Car: none

well done on the conversion looks great!

ccroak
Car: s13

Hi I have questions concerning thw wiring lol, almost 10 years after your post. I doubt I'll get an answer, I'm confused when it comes to wiring the fuse box wires from the factory s15 sr20de engine harness

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”