S14 ZENKI TO KOUKI CONVERSON QUESTION!!!

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
S14Chask
Car: 1995 Nissan s14

ok ive been looking for like 2 hours on a write up but havent found anything really just the one that the guy justin from west covina nissan did but i want solid info on what i really need

do i need the headlight brackets if so how do you put them on? is it a cut and weld type of thing?

also i heard you might need to redo some wireing??

i just need to know everything i need to do a complete kouki make over...

S14Chask

bump?

broke240sx
Car: 1996 nissan 240sx (no motor)

let me know if you find any credable info. im looking to do the same thing. please and thanks.

S14Chask

yea no problem like ive searched and searched id just like to know completely what i need i have a passanger headlight it would almost mount up to my zenki fenders if i drilled a new hole but the light brackets dont match and like i said some people siad you need to rewire.. but my zenki highbeams match but the part where the lowbeam goes is broken on the kouki light... soo idk if thats differant or not..

Quality_Salvage
Car: 1996 240sx 1981 Volvo 242 Turbo 1980 Volvo 242 GT

Why ruin a good thing?

S14Chask

^^ its allredy ruined lol it looks i mean ok... but the damage is pretty bad the lights barely stay on the passanger fender is destroyed and the L bracket to hold the light on is gone lol i fixed the core support just banged it back stright but the hood is f***ed and rusting now becuase the paint idk i just figure id swap itout..

Charlie240sxt
Car: 95 240sx SE Ka24det!!! 98 audi A4

Want to sell your zinki lip i got cash in hand and its a bolt on thing for the most part unbolt zinki bolt on kouki

Salem240
Car: '05 Pathfinder 4X4 SE
'98 240SX SE

Save that Zenki it's not that bad. If you're not going baller with a kit and some bad a$$ wheels then keep it Zenki, it looks (flows) better stock. Just my biased .02

S14Chask

well i was thinking that.. trying to find a cf hood a new fender and lights and a kit but idk what kit i would do and i never did a kit before..

placham
Car: 1992 Geo Prizm (4AFE)---Gone
1990 Nissan 240sx Coupe (RB20DET powered),
1994 Toyota Celica GT (3SGTE swapped), 1995 Nissan 240sx KA24DE,
2011 Nissan Sentra SER Spec-V

From what I know.

You would need , S14 kouki headlights, bumper(with the winkers), hood, and the headlights brackets for kouki(their different from Zenki to Kouki). You can mod the zenki brackets to fit kouki. But if you want clean bolt on you would need Kouki brackets. Brackets are welded on top with 2 weld spots each and bolted at bottom with 1 bolt each.

Why I didn't mention fenders and corners is because, I heard you can use zenki fenders and corners with kouki (lights, bumper, hood). If this is not true or looks like , than you would need kouki fenders and corners.

Oh and dont forget the kouki grill.

As for wiring, that's one of the simplest things to do, I think. But I dont know if their different or not.

S14Chask

yea idk about wireing becuase idk where i would find a kouki wireing harness for headlights... or the plug if that... ya know its not that comon

broke240sx
Car: 1996 nissan 240sx (no motor)

id change it.

nzmoman
Car: 240sx 2 of em' and always lookin for more

S14Chask wrote:yea idk about wireing becuase idk where i would find a kouki wireing harness for headlights... or the plug if that... ya know its not that comon
The wiring for the front end is a little different, but pretty simple. for the kouki corners/markers/and blinkers you would only need to get your power light and your ground wired up with the proper connectors for the kouki lights. The headlamps are simple as well. If you order lights just be sure to tell them that you need the bulb plugs as well. They should all be the little gray ones (i think the same as your current corner lamps). They can all be wired directly into the existing harness and work with the factory switches.

I have a kouki and I love it, but your zenki isn't in such bad shape that you couldn't make it look really good.

I suggest:Staying away from fiber glass kits. Only get OEM parts and body panels. You can get skirts, and rear extensions that are OEM and will not be pieces that crack and will fit great and give you a good look. You can do this whether you stay zenki or make the change to kouki.

If Zenki: Glass Zenki headlamps and Navan body kit.If Kouki: JDM OEM parts with navan skirts.

if you got a kouki front end that came with the radiator support, then you would not need the brackets because the lights would bolt right up to the factory kouki support.

Modified by nzmoman at 5:59 PM 3/1/2009

Return to “240sx General Discussion”