S14 Zenki Sr20de to Det swap info

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
S-chassis life
Car: S14 Zenki KA24
S14 Kouki S14 SR20

Hey guys sorry, i know this discussion has probably been discussed a million times now but i can seem to find them on the topics and the search option is only taking me to FS parts. so here it goes and hopefully i can get the help i need to get this thing running and also for people that might be doing this same set up.

So ill get right to the point here, i live in utah and i have a Zenki S14 Sr20DE and unfortunately here is not a really common engine due cause everybody just goes with S13 SR's, and very little S14 Sr20det. what im doing is converting it to DE+T and im hoping theres more people here that might have already done this. ill post the list of what i already have done to it and we can go from there if im missing anything else that i might not be aware of.
So i already have
-engine
-tapped oil pan
-turbo/manifold
-lines for turbo
-piping/Bov
-S14 Zenki ECU and the right MAF for the zenki ecu
-CAS from a S13 Sr20
-S14 sr20 Harness new from Wiring specialties
-Sr20det injectors
It currently needs a new head gasket cause i screwed it up on my account "/ but last summer i did get it to run but not driveable it idles s*** and it would bog and back fire. so i just want to see if im missing something else in order to get it running ASAP. i know the compression is high, i know i have to be carful. so that being said. Is my trouble the ECU ? do i need to get it tuned because of the compression ? or is it a sensor in the DE's that i need to switch to the DET's? any help would be awsome thanks.
Last edited by Rogue One on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted duplicate thread

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”