s14 Weight?

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
Nils
Car: road racing

What is the weight of the s14?

Any links to sites that have spec. info like this would be appreciated aswell.

tia,nils

Daunttless

http://www.edmunds.com

Thats the base weight, some weigh more, some weigh less, depends on options and factory variants. Most weigh in around 2700-2800 pounds.

Nils

Daunttless wrote:http://www.edmunds.com

Thats the base weight, some weigh more, some weigh less, depends on options and factory variants. Most weigh in around 2700-2800 pounds.
thx for the info =)

any idea of the weight differences between the s13 black top sr20det and the KA24de?

much appreciated!

take care,nils

Daunttless

The blacktop is a little lighter than the KA, nothing hugely significant, enough to bump the balance to almost 50/50 though. Why do yu want to put a S13 blacktop in a S14?

Nils

Daunttless wrote:The blacktop is a little lighter than the KA, nothing hugely significant, enough to bump the balance to almost 50/50 though. Why do yu want to put a S13 blacktop in a S14?
Dauntless,A buddy of mine has one here locally with very low miles, very clean engine. He imports clips fairly often.

I am actually quite new to the 240 and dont know the "ins & outs" of the car, do you not recommend going with the s13 sr20?

Any advice is helpful.

I have had the 240 s14 for about a year now (mostly sitting in my garage collecting dust) and I just decided to build it up for road racing so rock-solid / reliable performance is a must. I already road raced the 240 3 times and I love how it handles (I got big tires and coil-overs already) but need more power, the KA is pathetic.

I would love to have 300rwhp to the wheels, possible?

tia,nils

pancito
Car: CARS!!!

>>the KA is pathetic.>>I would love to have 300rwhp to the wheels, possible?

(Sorry for being off topic)

well if you drive a 600+ WHP Supra, of course a 155 Hp car would look pathetic, drive a Geo metro or something and you will fill a kick in the pants.. LOL

On topic

if the sr motor gives you better weight distribution, i too would go for it, sure it would require more work, but you could expect the same right(from a S13 and S14 SR Motor) ?

Nils

pancito wrote:well if you drive a 600+ WHP Supra, of course a 155 Hp car would look pathetic, drive a Geo metro or something and you will fill a kick in the pants.. LOL

On topic

if the sr motor gives you better weight distribution, i too would go for it, sure it would require more work, but you could expect the same right(from a S13 and S14 SR Motor) ?
You have a valid point there ;)IMO 150bhp is just too little power, for any car. It is frustrating to race a car that handles so well but taps out of power on the straights.

My main concern is to get reliable hp to the wheels, I could do other things to get 50/50 distribution like moving the battery to the trunk etc. But if I get 50/50 distribution by simply swapping engines that would be great.

Is the s14 sr more powerful than the s13 sr? Keep in mind that I will be adding alot of bolt ons like fmic, dp, boost controller etc....

tia,nils

Emperor

Not to talk bad about supras, but i would much rather have an S14 and 30,000$$ to put into. But that is solely my humble opinion.But on the positive side: my roomate has a 98 Supra TT, its pretty much stock now but he will be putting some money into it soon. That thing is bad a** and i cant image it having more power. Also i just wanted to say its fantastic that you are learning and working on your S14, that means you rock in my book :ylsuper But more on the subject: talk to dauntless he knows all. :)

Daunttless

Actually I don't have a problem with it, its a bit more difficult to wire into a S14 though, most people with S14s either put in S14 SR20s and leave them fairly stock or they put in a radically modified S13 SR20. 300 rwhp is pretty easy to attain. I would actually say if you want a road racer that handles well and you don't have to do much work to, get the S14. Its 1000 more, but straight up you've got the newer engine, the easier wiring, and the better turbo. : ) With bolt-ons you can have 280rwhp reliably and easily on the stock turbo. You'd be looking at like 6000-7000 dollars or so for everything. ( assuming 3200 for the engine and retail on the parts )

Stock S13 SR20 = 205 bhpStock S14 SR20 = 227 bhp

Did I miss anything...? : )

Nils

Daunttless wrote:Actually I don't have a problem with it, its a bit more difficult to wire into a S14 though, most people with S14s either put in S14 SR20s and leave them fairly stock or they put in a radically modified S13 SR20. 300 rwhp is pretty easy to attain. I would actually say if you want a road racer that handles well and you don't have to do much work to, get the S14. Its 1000 more, but straight up you've got the newer engine, the easier wiring, and the better turbo. : ) With bolt-ons you can have 280rwhp reliably and easily on the stock turbo. You'd be looking at like 6000-7000 dollars or so for everything. ( assuming 3200 for the engine and retail on the parts )

Stock S13 SR20 = 205 bhpStock S14 SR20 = 227 bhp

Did I miss anything...? : )
Thx Dauntless =)That is exactly what my buddy told me here in Vegas.

I decided to stick to the s13 sr for two reasons. One being that I was told the s13 head flows better than the s14 and it is more acceptable to radical mods. 2, my buddy here is a wiring expert and can easily put a s13 sr in my s14. He just finished putting in a s15 sr in his s13 so I have confidence in him. Knowing how it goes the s13 sr will probably be radically modified withing a year ;)

take care,nils

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”