S14 Sr20det idle problems/what could be the issue

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
S-chassis life
Car: S14 Zenki KA24
S14 Kouki S14 SR20

So i was able to get the engine to start, but it wont stay on idle and it bogs if i give it gas it sounds like its misfiring but all sparks are working,coils are good and injectors are good. i just want to know what other thing could be causing it to not run like it should ?????

its all stock its a S14 Sr20det i bought a new harness from wiring specialties and im running a stock S14 zenki ECU, Im also running a S14 MAFS, injectors are stock, everything is stock so it should be running perfect. any advice or help would be awesome, its something electrical for sure i just don't know what else it could be. this weekend im going to be trying out stuff to see what it is but advice would differently help out aswell thanks.

240life
Car: 1993 Coupe - S13 SR20det blacktop

I would double check timing, also Inspect maf signal, tps signal and wiring. If that all checks out inspect your ecu for signs of damage. Its not impossible for it to be a manufacturing issue in your harness, but it's the least likely.

S-chassis life
Car: S14 Zenki KA24
S14 Kouki S14 SR20

240life wrote:I would double check timing, also Inspect maf signal, tps signal and wiring. If that all checks out inspect your ecu for signs of damage. Its not impossible for it to be a manufacturing issue in your harness, but it's the least likely.
Thanks for the info ill try and see what i can do :)

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”