s14 sr20 info

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
jzamerican
Car: 1990 toyota supra1jzgte powered
1980 ford mustang ka24de powered

hi guys, i traded my ka24de out of my mustang for a disassembled s14 sr20. now I'm from the toyota world and i own a 1jz mk3 supra. I'm just want to know common issues or what to look for or just general info on these engines. especially if i assemble my self or take it to a machine shop because supposedly it needs bearings. thanks!!

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

I doubt you'll find to many issues, but I'm no SR guy.
However, since it is disassembled right now I'd suggest an upgraded oil pump, new bearings, inspecting the rods, and buying new maintenance items like timing belt/chain, water pump, head gasket, coils, etc.

jzamerican

frapjap wrote:I doubt you'll find to many issues, but I'm no SR guy.
However, since it is disassembled right now I'd suggest an upgraded oil pump, new bearings, inspecting the rods, and buying new maintenance items like timing belt/chain, water pump, head gasket, coils, etc.
thats what i was going to do. just go through it and make sure its clean

S-chassis life
Car: S14 Zenki KA24
S14 Kouki S14 SR20

if it needs bearings replaced take the crank to the machine shop to get balanced if the last owner didnt do that, if it was taken apart because of a rod knock it would be a good idea to do so, so the crank wont damage the new bearings. As for the S14 SR20 one other thing ive heard of being the problem on the heads is with the VTC,VCT,VVL, alot of people have problems with not working or ticking i havent finish my S14 sr but i hope i dont have any issues with that.

jzamerican

i haven't heard of that issue? does the solenoid just stick?

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”