S14 SR Lower Wiring Harness question

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
Jagstang
Car: 1995 S14 w/ Kouki S14 SR20DET

Hey guys, I need help quickly, I was just wondering if the lower SR harness can hook up to the fuse box in the engine bay without any modifications?

We noticed that one of the two plugs that connects to the fuse box is different (SR has 2 prongs, and the KA has 3 prongs).

Am I supposed to to leave one unplugged? Or solder it?

Help would be greatly appreciated if you guys know how I can have this done.

The couple plugs on the left is the SR, and the couple plugs on the right is the KA (with the 3 prong).

Jagstang

OMG! Thanks to thanks to the amazing Simone from zilvia, I found this site with him wiring up the lower harness.

Here we go...

Here's the link.

http://om1kron.blogspot.com/2009/02/low ... li-yo.html

When you click on it, you'll see this at the bottom of the pictures.

Now if you look at the first plug on top (E200), that's my plug, in my picture, as you can see, both the SR and KA have the same plug, and I checked all the colors on my SR, and it matches his plug colors.

Now when you look at E201 (the triple plug on the KA), he deleted the one at the bottom. . . Now here's where things get a little long (please bear with me).

As you can see, this is the KA triple plug

This is behind the triple plug.

You see the big fat black/yellow gauge on the left? That leads to this plug (as I like to call, "The Dragon Head") /

And on that rear triple prong picture, you see the top right yellow/blue wire? That leads to this (oil pressure sensor) /

And lastly, the yellow plug on the bottom of the triple prong leads to this b**** /

If you guys don't know, this last picture of the b****, the SR doesn't have any harness plugs that match that, so I think that's why simone deleted it, since the SR doesn't use it. . . Now here's the SR couple prong.

Here's the rear of the couple prong

You see the the big fat black wire gauge on the right? That leads to this (It's like the mini version of the KA's "Dragon Head") /

And the yellow wire on the left leads to this (oil pressure sensor) /

So I'm thinking of cutting the tripple wires off, and soldering the SR's big fat gauge to the triples big fat gauge, and then solder the SR's yellow wire for the oil pressure sensor to the triples oil pressure sensor. As for the wire on the bottom of the triple prong piece, i'll delete it, since the SR engine doesn't have a plug for it.

I need someone to verify this for me, help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!

Jagstang

Bump!

Razi
Car: Moo

I think as long as all the wires go to the proper places, it should be fine.
But I suck at wiring.

Have you asked any of the SR pros?

Hoffman5982
Car: '95 sr20det 240sx

So I'm thinking of cutting the tripple wires off, and soldering the SR's big fat gauge to the triples big fat gauge, and then solder the SR's yellow wire for the oil pressure sensor to the triples oil pressure sensor. As for the wire on the bottom of the triple prong piece, i'll delete it, since the SR engine doesn't have a plug for it.

I need someone to verify this for me, help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!
That sounds about right. Just try it, plug it in, and start the car. If everything goes fine then obviously the other wire isn't needed. If it doesn't, fix it back to how it was. Just my .02 cents. I just used the KA lower harness so I never had these issues

Jagstang

Hoffman5982 wrote:

That sounds about right. Just try it, plug it in, and start the car. If everything goes fine then obviously the other wire isn't needed. If it doesn't, fix it back to how it was. Just my .02 cents. I just used the KA lower harness so I never had these issues
Thanks for the reply man, but I don't get it, how/why did you use the KA harness? The SR's lower harness is sooo simple, and has a lot less things, while the KA harness has so much. And some of the plugs don't even plug up to the SR, so why go through all the hassle in soldering up new plugs etc?

Why not just put the lower harness of the engine you swapped in?

What's the pro's and con's of using the sr's lower harness? And same question goes for the KA?

I'm so confused with all this s***.

asoomal
Car: 2001 Subaru Impreza L 5MT (Daily)
1992 Nissan 240SX SE 5MT w/HICAS (Being restored)

Plug N Play LOL

Quit over thinking it, just stick 'er in and start it.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”