S14 SR issues......

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
cIvIcKILLA240style

Here’s the scenario:I have had to type this 3 ****IN TIMES because my computer sucks…and everytime I screw the story up even more….here it is

1)I have had the engine running for 5 months now with no serious problems…I have experimented with many different boost levels from stock,10,12,14,16…I ran 16psi for about two weeks with NO problems.

2)At the end of month 4 I was driving on the interstate at night when I decided to floor it in 4th gear and the engine begins to accelerate I just reached 14psi when the engine just SHUT-OFF for a split second then it recovered…it scared the **** out of me…just too see if the engine would do it again I floored it again…and it did the same thing again…….i later checked the engine and everything checked out fine…

3)When I am running low on fuel my idle gets weird and the problems occurs more often

4)Last night I topped off my fuel tank and then once I was back on the street I stomped it in second gear and the engine ran great all the way until redline…about 10 minutes later I got on the interstate and floored it in 3rd gear and the engine made it all the way to 4500-4700rpms until the engine tried to shut off…I kept the pedal to the floor and the engine continued to accelerate and then it did it again at about 5900rpms….the problem does NOT HAPPEN IN FIRST GEAR…IT OCCURS IN SECOND GEAR AND AT ABOUT 3RD GEARD AT 3900RPMS AND ABOUT 4000RPMS IN 4TH GEAR…I WILL NOT DO IT IN FIFTH GEAR

5)So far I have change the spark plugs with new ones gapped to .027 and also I have a new fuel filter an walboro pump..

What could my problems be???…

THANKS

I H8 UR DSM

what sort of engine management do you have ? ECU tune? Apexi S-AFC?

Seems like a fuel issue, or maybe your just hitting fuel cut : D

Mass Air Flow sensor ok? If you have someone with an SR, you might want to just swap it, and see if the problem persist...but it almost sounds like your just hitting fuel cut....If your ecu isnt tuned, and you dont have any sort of controller......

cIvIcKILLA240style

but the problems does not occur all the time......today i had no problems with it....the weather was pretty damn humid and warm......it seems to happen more when it gets cold outside......i don't have anytype of fuel management yet...but why would this problems suddenly happen after 5 months of driving.......

I H8 UR DSM

the MAFS do go bad if running it at close to 100% for too long...and based on what your saying, running at 14psi, your maxing out the MAFS...it is probrobly going bad, and at high throttle it is having problems keeping the car running....I would definitly look into getting a Z32 mafs...it will most likely solve your problem, is reletively inexpensive, easy to get, and a very needed mod...

I have an AFC, and on hard pulls in 3rd and higher, i look at the MAFS playback, and it gets to almost 99%!!!!!!

I bet your mafs is bad....you can try changing it if you have a friend w/ SR, or just get a Z32, you should have one anyway, at that boost level, and it is needed for any upgrades.....that would also explain why it is a problem that occured after time.

Thats my suggestion.

Jesse

cIvIcKILLA240style

thanks Jesse......i know how to get many Z32 mafs....but if i get the Z32 MAF then I have to get the S-AFC to compensate for the different voltages levels provided by the different MAFS....RIGHT??....or in some crazy way can i just swap out the MAFS directly????

SILVIA-S14

Hey Civickilla...

Its RINKU.....

i am telling you its MAF, do maf and safc.........remember i was in the same situation as you not too long ago. now i am at fuel cut stage.......

heheheheh, i posted on the other forum my maf setup and stuff, hope you saw it......

thanksRINKU

EyeStabPeople

sounds more like the fuel pump is going bad to me.... is the fuel pump any louder then it used to be? i say reaplce it with a walbro (120, cant go wrong) and see if that solves the problem

cIvIcKILLA240style

the engine is running great now???...i don't know...it has its issues.....

sillbeer
Car: cars and outdoor stuff

The s13 mafs is good to about 270ps and the s14/s15 mafs are good up to about 350ps. My mafs went out on my s13 and I was having problems building any boost over over 2800rpms. As long as I stayed off the boost it was okay but as soon as I started to build up boost it started to hesitate real bad almost like running on 3 cylinders. It started to run better when I installed a z32 mafs. I'm running a power fc with it. Also I was having problems with my stock injectors. I didn't realize it but I was maxing them out at 100%. I found that out when I bought a commander for my power fc. I think my injectors went static and weren't performing properly. Sometimes while driving my car it would start cutting out and running VERY rich. I picked up a set of nismo 555cc and it helped. Destin

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”