S14 rear caliper pin position

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
FarFigNewton
Car: Rb20 s14

I am changing my rear brake pads and the new pins that I ordered are different colors, one with a rubber sleeve.

The ones I removed are both the same color & neither has a rubber sleeve.

So, my question is where does the one with the rubber sleeve go on the rear caliper? Top or bottom?

The car is a 1996 with stock calipers. Checked the fsm but it didn't mention a difference, unless I somehow missed it.

Thanks

Clutchwork
Car: '04 Nissan 350Z

If you could provide some pictures of the caliper, pads and the pins I wouldn't mind taking a look.

NukeKS14
Car: 1995 240SX SE - KA24DE-T
AC Cobra Mk IV Rep.
2020 Civic Si

Yeah I think rubber wouldn't do well with the heat generated by the brakes. May be an anti-squeal compound? Either way, pics would help, brand info, etc. Were there no instructions in the box?

FarFigNewton
Car: Rb20 s14

Thanks.

To start my right rear caliper was dragging and I found the bottom pin was rusted in. I guess the shop that did my brakes last forgot to grease the pin. I sanded it smooth again and have it greased well to hold me over until my pads get here and I can replace the pads, hardware and rotors all at once.

I'll include a picture of the pins.

The ones in the caliper currently look like the brass colored one in this pack. The fact that the fsm didn't mention one having a rubber sleeve makes me think I might have the wrong part.

No instructions on/in the box.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”