S14 No Interior Power and Battery Drain???

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
ImJustinTime
Car: 1992 240sx Hatchback

Hi everyone,
I am a 240sx noob and have a weird problem with my 1995 s14 with an sr20det.
If i put the car on "ON"/"ACC" position the radio, windows, lock, interior light, etc do not turn on yet I can still turn on my headlights fine
when I charge the battery it actually turns over and starts
Once the car is started and running then the interior power comes back to life and the windows, radio, interior lights, locks, etc but when i shut the engine off it goes to the same problem.
Some please help me asap because im trying to have the car up and running so i can take it to school.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Almost sounds like a really dead battery, but you can check to see if anything is drawing power by removing some fuses 1 by 1 and either looking at current draw directly from the battery (having a multi-meter between one of your terminals and the battery itself), or at each fuse receptacle.

ca18det_boy

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:17 pm
Almost sounds like a really dead battery, but you can check to see if anything is drawing power by removing some fuses 1 by 1 and either looking at current draw directly from the battery (having a multi-meter between one of your terminals and the battery itself), or at each fuse receptacle.
I'm with him, charge/test the battery and see what happenes. In the event that you do in fact have a drain, 90% of the time is associated with the radio every time.

ImJustinTime
Car: 1992 240sx Hatchback

ca18det_boy wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:28 am
PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:17 pm
I'm with him, charge/test the battery and see what happenes. In the event that you do in fact have a drain, 90% of the time is associated with the radio every time.
I've replaced the battery and charged it over night. The car starts fine I no longer think that its draining but the interior power is still doesnt have power unless i start the engine then all the interior power begins to work again

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

So you have 0 functioning interior gadgets when the car is off? No lights? Does your radio retain its settings? And when things come back on when the car is on, do you have interior lights?

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”