S14 fuel pump hanger bracket

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Lasvegas_grey_coupe
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S

Hi I'm trying to get my S14 started after about 7 years and the fuel pump wasn't priming so i put direct power and nothing so I went to change the pump and a few issues came up the main one is the bracket that holds the fuel pump appears to be broken. I looked online and couldn't find any info. not sure how to post pics but here is an imgur link to the broken bracket.
https://imgur.com/a/A30Ou8h
Image added by Papasmurf2k3

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Yeah that looks quite broken.
I'm not familiar with the S14, but I thought all of the hangers and such were attached to the cover unit in the S13... like you unbolt it from the tank and everything comes with it. I could be wrong though its been over a decade since I've had one out.

Lasvegas_grey_coupe
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S

Yeah the last fuel pump I did was on my Silverado which had it mounted to the top as you said but on the s14 there is a hanger that attaches to that broken bracket. I might try mounting it somehow to the tophat and see if that works. Also any advice on cleaning out the fuel tank? I'm assuming dropping it will be the only way to truly clean it?

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Yeah drop and replace if you can. I've had mixed luck with actually cleaning them, assuming its flaking off inside there or something. Usually they just keep on going bad.

Dbarry
Car: Nissan 240SX

We're looking at this S14 and the owner mentioned his mechanic fixed the fuel pump bracket last year. It seems it needs a new fuel pump and we might need to replace the bracket as well. It's in the shop for the installation of the new brake pads and tires from 4Wheelonline [no it's not, stop spamming] and we'll take a closer look tomorrow.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”