S13 Wiring

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
tiki240
Car: my S13

ok i have a new sony cdx M600 cd player rawk on right?:ylsuper and anyways, i pull off the stock deck and we have a lamp cord for a power cable!!!! i have a 93 S13 ok and ive got the power issures down but DOES ANYONE KNOW THE COLOR WIRING CHART!?!? they used every damn color i can think of on the wires! i need to know which ones are front speakers and which are rear and which side of the car. post quickly please!!!!

1991240xs

If you went the cheap way and didn't buy the wiring harness....then the easiest way would probably be to go get a 1.5 volt battery and keep matching wires up until you find what's what....if you connect the two ends of the speaker...you'll get a slight cackle..just whatever you do..don't use anyhting bigger than a 1.5 volt-

tiki240

u have this black plug in the back of the new deck with alot of colored wires for speakers etc etc. my only thing is i dont know hoe to figure out which wires did what from the oem stuff... argh!

1991240xs

i know I just talked to you abuot this on aim...but i'll explain it in case someone else wants to read...You remove the stock stereo and un plug it...so you have some plugs left open back there.....you go buy a stereo wiring harness from a hifi buy or circuit city or best buy for around 12 bucks...then you just plug that into the old stock harness...then you match the colors(or labels) up with the ones on the stereo your's installing.....do Not chop the stock harness.....then you'll have trouble reinstalling the factory radio..and it looks so rigged whe someone checks it out....-

tiki240

no doubt thanks man

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”